This spacious multilevel cat tree condo has plenty of room for climbing and hiding, so your cat will be occupied enough to stay off your precious furniture. This durable piece of pet furniture even has a soft ramp and a hammock for even more feline fun....more
I recently purchased this amazing cat condo. I had shopped several of the local pet stores. The items locally were priced about the same for items half the size, and of much poorer quality. This thing is huge, like 6 and 1/2 ft tall.
My cats are not small kittens. They're about 6 years old. One is about 17lbs. (Not exactly the small kittens in the photo) I was very concerned that they would not be interested in this especially with their age. I also worried they would be too big for it. They have no problems climbing and sleeping in in. They don't really care for the hammock, or top post, but they LOVE the box and tent to sleep in. It would be awesome for kittens, too.
The color is more of a lt. blue grey/silver. It does photograph more of a blue color, like in this photo. I actually like it better than the color it looks in photographs.
The material is a very soft faux fur. It looks a lot nicer than cheap carpet. It also doesn't shed fibers like carpet does.
Shipped and received in about a week and a half.
Aramakat makes great products. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice looking cat tree. I've already told several of my friends about it.
While it took about an hour to put together, this is only because it is a HUGE cat tree. The directions were extremely easy to follow and all of the pieces are clearly labeled and very sturdy. This is a HIGH quality tree at a fraction of what you would pay in the store. My cats love it and they are older (9 and 17). I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone!
I purchased this one as a spare to eventually replace one that I bought a year ago. The cats love the basket but don't seem to like the hammock which surprises me. I foster cats for a humane society and my kittens have grown up with hammocks in their cages but don't like this one. I suspect it is because of the wooden pieces on the hammock, or maybe because the hammock is so low to the ground. My only complaint is that I had to re-glue some of the faux fur almost immediately.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Same
How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
Hi all...we bought this for our 5 kitties for a christmas present! their ages range from almost 2 years to almost 4 years old. They all LOVE to play in it, sleep in it, etc. Had i known this would save our furniture from claws i would have purchased sooner! was easy to put together as well. Very sturdy! would definately recommend and purchase from again in future! OH and Shipping was basically overnight during the busiest time of the year! A+
This is my first cat tree, but my cats love it. Very easy to put together. Very sturdy! Shipping was extremely fast. Looks so much nicer than the ones you see in the store. My sister saw mine and ordered one the very next day. The cats at my house are loving life!
Sturdy. Lots of climbing and play areas. Easy to assemble although time consuming--READ Directions carefully BEFORE you begin! Follow them closely as there are some parts that attach to others so platforms have to be turned the right way. The top platform is just below the top of the windows in our house so I'm waiting for our kitten to start curtain rod walking!.
although the product looks great in pictures, putting it together was a nightmare! the holes were drilled in the wrong place, and directions are lacking. after taking apart to try again several times, I made do with what I could, which left extra pieces and access to the hammock blocked. the whole thing is unsturdy due to the wholes not being drilled correctly, therefore unable to screw pieces together where needed. although I am less than pleased with it, the cats don't mind the lacking quality.
Realistically, if you order this and assemble it, it will be exceedingly difficult to return unless there are missing/broken pieces (check all the parts against the instructions before you start assembly). The packaging is extremely tight and from what I can tell, can only be packed in a certain way for everything to fit back into the original box. There are zero packing materials in the box - that's how tight and compact it is. I thought I would share some important details so that people know what they are getting before buying.
Here are some important things to know:
1) The posts are covered with corded rope that is commonly used for scratching posts. I've had great success with this type of material and it lasts a very long time. Much better than carpet.
2) The other parts of the tree are covered in a plush material similar to what you see stuffed animal toys made out of. At first I didn't understand the reason, but now that I see my kittens play on it, plush makes a lot of sense. If this were carpet, the cats will continue to claw at it and inevitably rip the carpet apart. The plush material forces the cats to use the posts for climbing since they can't sink their claws into the plush material (it's glued right on to the wood panels). My tree was also a baby blue color, lighter than the picture. I'm hoping this means that the tree will last longer than a carpeted one.
3) The ladder and hammock are really to appeal to the buyers and not the cats. No harm leaving them on, but both are designed to leave off without affecting the stability of the tree or making it look like there are pieces missing.
4) Housing sizes - my largest kitten is 5.25 lbs and almost 5 months old. He fits comfortably in the middle hut. I don't see how any larger cat can fully fit in there. The housing on top is slightly larger, but a full size cat will have one of it's ends sticking out. Same situation with the top two platforms. Big enough for any cat to sit up, but only a smaller cat will be able to comfortably lay down (or thin enough to compactly curl up). Of course a lot of this depends on how your cat reacts to feet/tail hanging off the edges.
5) If you have hardwood floors, the bottom platform will have 4 bolts that will put deep scratches on your floor if you try to slide this around. I placed felt bumpers on the bottom to prevent this. The plush material on the edges are not thick enough to keep the metal bolts off the floor!
6) The amount of floor space you need is significantly more that what the base measurements state. I would say to have at least 50% more space than the bottom platform measurements. You can see how the upper platforms extend beyond the dimensions of the bottom in the picture.
7) Height - my 5 month old kitten can easily jump down from the top of the upper housing to the hardwood floor. It looks dangerously high, but you probably don't need to worry about your cat potentially injuring itself by falling off if he's around 5 months or older.
8) Allocate at least an hour to assemble -it's very straight forward, but there are a lot of parts. I would recommend that you position the platforms during assembly in the exact way they are pictured in the instructions. It's very easy to misalign the holes that attach the platforms to the posts.
9) The kit does include tools, but for the couple nuts that you need to tighten, I would go with a crescent or socket wrench. The supplied wrench that I got is just a hair too big and will not tighten very securely before it starts to slip. Lastly, the nut that attaches the top of the middle hut to the rope does not seem to screw in all the way. Based on what I can tell, it is designed this way. All other nuts and bolts screw in flush.
10) The top hammock/bag features a metal frame and is very stiff. If your cat can fit in it, I don't see any risk of that breaking.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with this tree, but I currently have two kittens at 4 and 5 months. I'm not sure how they will like it full grown. Note how the picture shows two very small kittens (guessing 2 months old). Other trees show full grown cats. For that reason and the bolts not being covered on the bottom, I'm giving this a 4 out of 5.
It took a few days for my cat to get used to it - but he loves sleeping in the box level - he has not gone all the way to the top - but that is fine. I think the platforms could be a little larger, but for th price it is fine. No probelms with assembly.
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.Shop O.com®