This barrier is for a pet that is basically trained well, as it is not very durable and a pushy dog will go right thru it. The cons are: footings are plastic, not rubber. Supposedly you can put screws in to keep the different parts from sliding, I couldn't get that to work, the screws wouldn't tighten enough, so the tubular parts kept sliding down, so I had to use black electical tape to keep it from shifting. It occasionally will just fall over, I guess it works itself loose after about 2 days. The Pros: Price Price Price. Once again, I recommend this for trained dogs, who just need a mental barrier. It is right for me, as I don't have a lot of money and my dog is well trained, if you can afford a better quality one, go for it. If you have a smaller dog, you will need to buy an extension.
This product is the best I have ever used. I have been so pleased and excited about it being in my car. Bosley (a golden retreiver/chow mix) has not tried once to come through it. Before, he would come from back of SUV to driver to sit next to me. Works like a charm. He is safe and I am too. Sturdy, functional without being obtrusive. Fits and can be moved from one vehicle to another. I have not been this thrilled with a product ever. Highly recommend for anyone who travels with a pet, no matter how often or size of pet.
I have a 60lb golden retriever/collie mix who out of nowhere started jumping over the back seat and distracting me in the front. This has done the job of keeping him safely in the cargo area. This was relatively easy to install in my Jeep Liberty. I installed one of the screws wrong and that bar slips a little bit because of the (user) error. It took about a week for the dog to get used to it. The first two times he slid the bars over so that he could squeeze into the back seat. Once he realized the purpose was to keep him back there, I haven't had a problem since. My only issue is that if the bars are too close to the side windows, there is sometimes a rattling but it's not a big deal.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? photo on site is accurate compared to actual product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not the highest quality materials, but for $30 what do you expect?
Would work for a docile dog, but ours wants in the front seat, we had to alter to make it fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It does
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good material
Great concept but needs rigging to function as it is meant to. If you don't mind tweaking the item to get it to work~horizontal bars move when dog puts paw on them & creates a large enough space for dog to come through. Rigging involves securing horizontal bars in place to prevent them from slipping down or up and if you do this it will prevent a large enough space/gap to prevent our canine passenger from moving into the front.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? moderate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? moderate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
This product was on it's way to us when I saw it being used in a friend's vehicle. Ceiling marks, RATTLES, and very lightweight. Needed to be bungieed to head rests to prevent it from falling. Not a quality metal compared to some of the more expensive models available in the market. Not everything in life is a "you get what you pay for", but this IS. We didn't even open the box and sent it back. Wish I didn't have to pay return shipping though, ugg...
I got this pet barrier for my small suv and 60+ pound mixed breed dog. The construction is fair, not heavy duty but it does the job. Assembly and installation were pretty easy. It rattles a LOT during normal driving, so I keep the stereo a little louder now ;-) For my vehicle, it could use a third crossbar (some brands sell extra crossbars, don't see any for this on overstock). Time will tell if the plastic fee hold up or not. All in all, a fair value for the money. It keeps my determined girl in the back where she belongs, yet still allows good view of her and out the back of the car.
This product is flimsy. The construction is weak at best. Falls apart consistently. Screws on cross bars do not work. Does not hold dogs back in any way shape or form because any jolt makes product fall apart. Maybe if your dog weighs 20 lbs. and has three legs it may work. It is also very short. Can not work from the floor. I wish I didn't throw out the box. I would return.
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend. I needed a barrier to keep my Yellow Lab in the back of my suburban. I didn't want to pay a lot for one because I don't need one that often. The "Price Is Right", and it keeps my dog in the back.
This is a great pet barrier for the price. You must use metal screws to lock the bars in place as the clamps are worthless. However, the materials and supports are sturdy enough for my 60 lb boxer, provided that you screw down the bars. Buy this only if you are handy or have access to a handy person.
Excellent product at great price. Easy to install!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
This item is what I needed to make sure my dogs couldn't get to the front of my Rav4. Thanks a bunch for a great price!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was the exact same item, works great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate on description.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fine, it does what I need it too.
I like that the barrier is adjustable and can easily be removed. However, I am not impressed with the plastic pieces that attach the horizontal bars to the two vertical bars. When you install it, you have to tighten a screw on the plastic portion which is what holds the horizontal bars securely in place. As I was installing it, I was SLOWLY AND GENTLY tightening the screws (the horizontal bar still had some movement at this point) when the back (others) side of the plastic piece cracked! I could see it happening if I had overtightened it, but the horiztonal bar wasn't secure at the point when it cracked. This portion of the guard should have been made of metal.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
Probably - infact definitely would not purchase again:(
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? About what expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Did not hold back dogs