Cage is aesthetically appealing. Quality built but challenging to put together. A couple of the bars were bent with shippment but not enough to warrent a return. Entry doors not as big as expected and can be challanging to get larger items in such as a bird bath.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Larger than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Average
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cage metal, accessories plastic.
This is a great product. I have a java rice finch and it is perfect for him. I've gotten many comments from people who have seen the cage about how beautiful and unique it is. The only problem I had is that several aesthetic parts of the cage were broken when I received it. Nothing structural, just the accessories that give it character. The turret was in four pieces instead of two and the top had broken off, the top piece was also broken into two pieces and the door needed to be reattached to the wire backing. None of these issues were anything that couldn't be fixed with a little super glue. I don't know if it came to O.co this way or if something happened at their warehouse or on the way to me. In any case, it just looks like it must have been handled a little carelessly somewhere. This still doesn't affect my review. With the repairs that I made, you could never tell that anything was ever broken and it is a beautiful cage and my Max loves his new home!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looked like it did on the site
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is very good. the problem was damage during shipping.
The product is VERY cute and a nice size for a parakeet. It came packaged very well in sturdy inner and outer carton. The turret is not accessible by the bird. Well, actually, when the bird's out of the cage, he tried to "smoosh" into it, and did, but didn't look comfortable! The turret is also the hardest thing to attach to the cage. I had to stick my hand inside and use pliers to pull the plastic tab so it would hook onto the cage. I was a little nervous that it would snap. There are also a few pieces that you have to pinch shut with the pliers, and the instructions suggest you use a cloth so you don't ruin the color on the metal. That was almost impossible to do. Understanding that this is not the most expensive cage out there, it is VERY BEAUTIFUL and the bird seems to love being in it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not top quality, but very nice.