I purchased this for an outdoor cat family I'm caring for. It was much, much nicer than I expected. The wood is very good quality -- once completed, the house is very solid and heavy. It's also a good size and has plenty of room for several cats. It was easy to put together. I am very, very pleased with it, especially given the price and the fact that so many outdoor houses on other pet sites are extremely expensive.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very similar.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
Got the dog house for a couple of very large outside cats.It's puurrrrfect!. It took an hour to put it together. Great shelter for when it is wet or raining.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
We are very pleased with the product. It was easy to assemble, and is just what we needed to provide shelter for our 5 feral kittens. Overall it is good quality and is an attractive addition to the landscape. The only negative is that the floor is slightly slatted, but since we have placed blankets on the floor it is no problem.
Even my somewhat large (50 lb.) dog found this house to be quite spacious. I lined it with straw so as to prevent drafts in the wintertime. It was quite easy to assemble along with the detachable roof made the lining process easy. My dog appreciates the raised floor during the rainy season. She finds the doorway to be quite adequate for her frame.
The dog house was just as described! The only issue was with the shipper. I received the dog house and the box was damaged. Upon assembling the dog house, the side of the roof portion was broken. I was not able to screw in the two screws (which should have already been done) back into the piece of wood. I used Gorilla Glue to attach the top and bottom piece of the trim. After doing a little "carpentry work", it is perfect.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
Received 1st house and piece of one wall was chipped off. Received replacement house and two pieces were broken. Returned them both and will build my own. House looked very fragile and would not work for large dogs. Thin walls and floor.
Everything is 'as expected' with this product but the house I purchased must have been recently 'treated' so highly toxic to my pets. I have a cat who slept in the house for a few hours and came out smelling so strongly of paint thinner I couldn't hold her. The smell rubbed off on my sweater as well. I did not recognize the fumes as the house was being put together - only after one of my pets spent some time inside of it. I've had the house treated with a non-toxic varnish to seal the wood stain, which is a hassel, but absolutely necessary if you care for the health of your animals!! I rarely write reviews but thought this an important bit of information to pass on.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality - thin, which is fine for a Southern California pet
I bought this medium size dog house for my feral cats I have been taking care of, so they have a place to go to get out of the elements. It's a perfect size. I have a family of 5 & 3 others that come twice a day. I haven't exactly seen them all in at a time but it could hold them easily. I love the look too....it doesn't look like a traditional dog house that is unsightly. Blends in with my siding and not so obvious to the neighborhood.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
It served it function, but the quality was not very good. And the wood stain smell was very strong and unpleasant.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looked same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 50/50
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not very good. The roof trim was all broken and had to be nailed down. Some nail were missing