This was just what we wanted and it's the perfect size for our dog. Sadly, though, the only contact the dog has had with the dog house has been to chew around the edges of the opening and one of the side corners (she's quite the chewer!). She doesn't go in it and seems to ignore it. We thought it would be perfect for when the weather changes and she's in the yard and we're at work but instead of using the dog house, she just lays in the dirt under the kids' trampoline. We're glad it was such a good price since she doesn't really use it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as stated.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality although there were a couple of cracks in the wood, as stated by others, when we took it out of the packaging. Not bad enough to send back and really not visible unless you really analyze the dog house closely.
the house looks nice how every it came cracked on 3 of the 4 walls, the floor is not solid so the weather can come in, there is about an inche to 2 inche gap between each floor board.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it looks just like the picture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. low quality
It looks very nice. I really like the plastic siding. First bummer is that the top doesn't flip up. But, I can get over that. The wood is very soft and the screws split the wood. I am worried that it's not going to hold up well. That said, it's been a couple of weeks and it still looks solid. One other cheap/cut corner is the molding on the top. There isn't any in the back! It's just a rough edge with the roofing and wood. I'll wait a few more weeks before I decide if I'll buy another one. If your dog chews on things, this dog house will not work for you!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? House looks just like photo.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes, the description was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm worried about the quality - the wood is very soft. However, so far so good and it's holding up (2 weeks later)
Our dog loved it immediately. It was more than large enough for her to be comfortable in and get out of the elements.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
I think this is a pretty nice dog house. I researched others online and found that O had the best price. I only have two issues with it - it needs a doorflap to protect the nside from weather and there are some gaps in the design. I ended up making my own door flap and used clear caulk to fill some of the gaps that I thought water could cause damage.
- Did the product fit true to size? I believe so
- How is the quality of the product? really good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Some dings from shipping
This house is so cute, although my lab hasn't shown any interest in it yet, but it's not too cold at the moment either. It has a cute roof and siding and it's(large sized) plenty big for my 75 lb lab, but be careful to look for shipping damage. I found 2 or 3 cracks/nicks on the house, but it was not enough for me to worry with sending it all the way back and wait for another one to be sent back. The cracks/damage were more cosmetic than anything
Arrived quickly, assembles very easily, tough and durable. Sturdy and well designed. Dogs love it, had to buy a second one because my biggest boy refused to share with the little red girl and now she only wants whichever HE is in, not her OWN. But they do seem to love them. Very worth what I paid for them both. Will protect them from the upcoming rough winter and years to come after that! thanks OVERSTOCK, once again you come through with flying colors.
Purchased the dog house for our 6 mo. old lab puppy and were very pleased with the quality and how easy it was to put together. Our pup hasn't hung out in it for any long periods of time but will walk in and out to get his toys. It looks like it will be comfortable and roomy enough for him as he gets bigger. This product was definately worth the money.