With the puppy being whined at the breeders, it was necessary to create the proper environment for our new GSD pups arrival. In reviewing crates on the market, this one filled the bill; not only as to amenities necessary but in price as well. Our GSD pup arrived at just under 15 pounds and in utilizing the divider we can maintain an adequate crate environment as out pup grows into the crate. The offering of a front and side doorway was advantageous but I only need the front in my circumstances. The crate overall is excellent, depending on your pet you may consider a few carabineers, in the case your pet may figure out the door lock, but to date we have had no issues. Good safe construction with rounded edges and of course the removable plastic under tray make cleaning a breeze. Outside of the possibly weak door locks, I can find no negatives, but this issue is easily resolved. If you're looking for a solid nice sized crate for your new family member, you should consider the Precision 6000. In my circumstance, I have found it to be all I needed.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Th eproduct is much better on actually seeing it, solid construction and comes with a divider until you dog grows into the crate.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The Crate is easily raised and dropped for moving or travel, it appears solid and just the ticket for our new GSD puppy.
After shopping around for these crates (I bought 2) I decided Overstock.com was the place to go - mainly due to the exorbitant shipping costs on other sites. Couldn't have been more pleased. Shipped quickly and arrived with no damage. Crates go together easily and are a nice weight. There are better quality crates on the market - closer wire spacing, etc. - but these fit my needs well. Thank you!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Very pleased.
The Crate is very tall, but looks fine and the dog (miniature Schnauzer) has plenty of room. Since he is handy capped we needed something that was easy to get him in and out of and we can do that. The problem is, if he really wanted to he could get out because the latches do not close easily or securely, I have to wiggle them go get them closed completely and sometime I don't thick they are closed very good.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair
I breed German Shepherds and my dogs do very well in these crates
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful
We purchased this crate for our recently adopted German Shepherd/Australian Cattle Dog mix. Though she's only about 50 lbs., we opted for an extra large crate (6000 series) to give her lots of room. Though not invisible, it is quite unobtrusive in the living room (we put it in a less-used corner), and will accommodate a foam bed and all her toys. It is fairly sturdy, but easily set up and taken down. One door is on a narrow side of the crate, and the other on a wide side, so either can be used as the "front." We are very pleased with it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made.
The crate works very well for us. Excellent quality and price. Dogs like it too...
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
We purchased the Great Crate 5000 for our German Shepherd, which was used as an indoor sleeping/ napping area. We decided to get the 6000 for his indoor use and put the 5000 in the suv. This works well. He has lots of room to stretch out in the 6000, and the slightly smaller crate for the vehicle is perfect, because unlike the clamshell types, you can see clearly see out the back window through the crate. These crates are sturdy and easy to set up. They fully collapse if needed, so they store easily. Our dog is very pleased and so are we!
I have 2 cairn terriers that were becoming a "potty problem" while I was at work and having them outside all day in the summer heat was not an option. I put this large crate with comfortable padding against their doggie door. They are in & out all day. They like the arrangement so much that they go into the crate even when I'm home....it's like their personal lounge. Everybody is happy now! This was a great , well-priced (I comparison shopped) investment.
Crate is as described. It is large, easy to set up and contains two separate gates for easy access and for even easier placement in the corner of a room. The included handles for carrying it when it is collapsed are flimsy and should not be used.
I got this crate for our large breed pup after doing some comparison shopping with other online and catalog pet supply and general merchandise type places. Overstock.com had the best price for a crate of this size, plus with the one price shipping charge it was the best deal. The crate itself arrived in about 5 days, excellent condition and was easy to assemble. It is sturdy, has an easily removable and washable heavy plastic bottom and several doors so it can be positioned multiple ways for access. Newton, our dog, loves it and has not yet chewed it to bits, and that is saying something.
This crate is large and for a great price! My dog is 110lbs and he looks like a teacup dog in this crate! :) It was easy to put together and he loves it! Now the trouble is finding a bed large enough to put in it! Make your dog happy and get him this crate!
This crate was sturdy and high quality. It's very roomy. I bought it for my daughters growing and very active puppy. He's a pit bull mix with a lot of strength and energy. It's tall enough for him to stand and jump a little. He can easily turn around and he seems very happy with his new larger room. I highly recommend this crate.