I am in agreement with another reviewer who said this crate is made with a thinner plastic than an earlier model owned. Same is true for me. Same brand but not the same product. I definitely would not ship my dog in this crate by air. For my purposes it's fine as I will be using it in my bedroom and not moving it anywhere. I wish the top were flat so I could use it in place of a nightstand but it's got a molded bump smack dab in the center of the top of the crate. If I had seen this in a store I probably would not have purchased and paid the extra money for something more durable. I didn't want to deal with returning this large item and paying the extra shipping costs to return it so I'm keeping it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Missing the size of dog by weight that each size crate accommodates
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fair.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
I purchased this for my 7 month old, 50 lb. puppy to ride in, in hopes that it would help her not get carsick. So far it hasn't helped. I thought if she were in a contained area, she'd lay down and not be looking out so much. I don't think this allows enough airflow if she's laying down and that might be the problem. It fits nicely in the back of my 2013 Ford Explorer, but just doesn't seem to get enough airflow as I mentioned. The closure seems escape proof and the plastic seems sturdy enough. I'm not sure I'd trust sending this in the cargo area of a plane.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes