I bought PetStairz so my medium sized French Bulldog (26 lbs) could get on and off my bed. When the PetStairs arrived, I was very disappointed. The product is basically styrofoam carved out in the shape of stairs and then covered with fabric. I didn't feel the styrofoam was very durable. The fabric was nice looking and provided good traction. Because the product is basically made of styrofoam, there is nothing to really weight-down the stairs. They felt shaky and my dog was afraid to step on them. When he tried to step on them, the stairs moved. I found myself trying to put objects around the sides of the stairs to keep it from moving, which was rediculous. I ended up returning the stairs. They may work for a dog that is very, very small - maybe 10 lbs or less - but I wouldn't recommend PetStairz for a dog that is larger than this.
This works to get our 12-pound dog up on and off our high new bed without straining her back and joints. The room isn't very big so we needed a set of steps that provided maximum height with minimum length - IOW, it's relatively steep. It's very soft and lightweight so when my hubby bumps into it he doesn't bruise his shin. The only downside is that perhaps it's too lightweight - hubby tends to bump it a lot and push it away from the bed, which isn't safe for the dog. My solution is to keep the dog out of the room except when I'm there to keep the steps in place. It took our dog a couple weeks to get used to these steps. They're quite different from the hard ramp we had before. But finally she did and I'm very pleased with this product. I'm not sure how well it would work for heavier, longer dogs but Overstock makes returns easy.
I modified this with a serated knife to fit my platform bed. These are so pricey and pet stores. Vey happy with it and pleased I can toss the cover in the wash. Lots of steps work with small and or old dogs who cant take big leaps. It's nice not to have somethig without a pet pattern on it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I am not sure I would purchase these again, but I will make due with them. Too much of a hassle to return them. It is not due to the quality but more price now that I have seen the stairs. The steps are extremely narrow for my liking, but the dog don"t seem to have a problem going up and down. While they give you a rubber grip pad that is to adhere to the bottom of the foam, it has come unattached 2 times since I put them on the hardwood floor and moved them around to find the right placement. I would say that if these steps were 40 to 50% lower in price then I could live with the narrow steps. Just not impressed with these dog steps. I feel this is just an average purchase overall!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? steps are narrower than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I would suggest addendum and include depth of steps
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. steps are sturdy given they are foam.
These stairs are exactly what my dog needed! They are light weight and easy to move. My dog used them from the minute we unpacked the stairs!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it is exactly as it appears
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on the dot
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
We recently moved to a house with hardwood floors. My 3 dogs are used to carpet so they could no longer jump up on my bed. I researched stairs for many hours online to find the best doggy stairs possible and I think these are the ones for us. I cannot give them a 5 stars because it does slide on the hardwood and I have to adjust it every 1-2 days to make the lineup easier for my dogs. I have a 22 lb, a 12 lb and a 7 lb array of dogs and they all use it without fear. The price was good and the shipping, of course, was excellent! Thanks Overstock!
First of all, I ordered these steps on a sunday night with standard shipping and recieved them by wednesday morning of the same week!!!! I ordered these steps for my 13 pound dachshund who can not get on and off the bed by himself. When I opened the box i noticed the cover smelled a little bit like nail polish remover, but that is only if you put your nose right next to it (My dog didn't care). Immediately I brought the stairs up my room, put them next to the bed, and he went right up them and down them perfectly. I didn't even show him how to use them! My bed is 27 inches high and the 22 inch stairs work well with this. I could not be happier!!! Also, I sat on the top of the steps myself and they were very sturdy (they went in a little bit but I expected that). They have a non-slip pad on the bottom but do not slip at all on my carpet. The only thing I would say is if you have a very large animal these steps are narrow, but they make these steps for large dogs also that are wider.
I recently purchased doggy steps elsewhere and was extremely dissatisfied. These, however, were perfect. It is really hard to find 5 steps. My dogs easily adjusted to the height, no assembly required. I have looked in many sites....this is the best value and price.
My little dog is only 10 pounds but the Vet doesn't want him jumping down off my bed (it is high - roughly 29"). Radar was born without eyes so it took a couple times to show him how to go up and down. I'm happy that I don't have to worry about him falling and possibly breaking or dislocating one of his legs.
I've previously purchased a cheaper set of pet stairs made out of plastic, and my dog was always hesitant to use them. They were too wobbly, narrow, and steep for my 15 lb dachshund. Since I've gotten these stairs, he's been flying up and down my bed with ease. The soft styrofoam absorbs shock and is easy on my dog's joints, while still being stiff enough to fully support his weight. Though these stairs are a tad expensive, they are worth every penny and this is the lowest price I've found them for. Highly recommended!
These steps work well or our 11 pound dog. He has no problem going up or coming down. The unit is easy to move for cleaning and looks nice in the room. I'm very happy with the purchase!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy and well made
The stairs are very stable and came just like the pictures shows...great quality!!!!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
We have two Maltese, one of which suffers from IVDD and both have luxating patellas. We have owned the four step stairs for 9 years and they've been great. We needed the 5 step for our dogs to get up in our bed. These are the only steps our dogs will use! We've bought and returned so many other less expensive pet stairs through the years hoping to find something the dogs will love. Nothing worked except for these stairs! The foam is so dense and sturdy. The dogs feel so safe using them. Well worth the money. These stairs will last you for years!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
We bought these for our 11 year old chihuahua. She has already had 1 hip surgery and struggled getting on and off the bed using a chair. I did a lot of searching (outside of Overstock as well) and found these stairs to be the highest rated, so we ordered. They arrived quick and our dog took to them immediately.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is identical to the actual stairs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. The only problem we have had with them is that they slide on hardwood.
I have two "senior" Himalyan Felines (16 years old). Both suffer from arthritis and one has Spondylosis. It was painful for me to watch them try and jump up and down on my bed; much less how hard it was for them. I put a little treats on the stairs, scootted their butts, and they started using the stairs in no time at all. I am even sleepnig better because the stairs are very soft and quiet. No more jumping! Highly recommend this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Purrrrfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy for Felines
Loved that the stairs were only 4inches deep which allowed my elderly tiny yorkie to get up and down them without having to leap in between the steps. Other foam steps I had were 8 inches deep which made her leap in between steps. If you have a really tiny dog - these are perfect!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
This was just what we needed. The stairs have lasted very well and our dog loves them.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Still using it and we have had it over a year
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I LOVE these stairs for my maltese, Mrs. Beasley. She loves them too. They are made of foam, but are quite sturdy. I have carpet in my bedroom, but I would imagine they might slip on certain types of floors. Stairs come with a small non-skid surface, but if you have a frisky pooch, you might need more non-skid stuff on flooring other than carpet. They arrived very quickly and were in perfect shape. I snatched them out of the box, removed the plastic bag, and they were ready for placement--nothing to assemble. Slight odor for a day or two, but not horrendous. I like that these stairs are also offered in 6-step or 4-step (I think). After measuring, I realized I needed the 5-step and they are perfect. I highly recommend these stairs. Price was reasonable too, compared to other sites.