I purchased two different sized sets of steps as there were two different rooms where they were needed. I measured the required hight carefully and ordered the correct hight according to manufacturer recommendations. My girls (two Shih Tzu puppies) took to the stairs very quickly (within two days) and now use them regularly. Training them to use the stairs was a breeze and took much less time than I expected. If only potty training and stopping them from chewing could be so easy! For what they are and how they are made they do seem a little pricey, but vet bills run much more. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with animals they are concerned could be injured from jumping in a specific location
This is my third purchase of petstairz. I have a tiny dog and have stairs for her so she can get on and off the couch and bed on her own. We are both very happy with ths product. I do wish extra covers were available. After 5 years of constant use, the cover began to look pretty ratty. The covers are machine washable, but after several years they become pilled. I really didn't need to buy new stairs - just a new cover.
Great price for high quality steps. I already have one set of these steps and was looking for an additional one. These are identical to the one I have and am very happy that I found these at such a good price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image is same as product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
These are great for my two 7 year old little dogs (a Pomeranian and Pom-Chi). They are the perfect size for the dogs to get on and off of the couch without jumping. I bought something similar years ago for the bedroom as my bed is rather high but that company no longer exists so I was extremely happy to find PetStairz. They are soft so I don't hurt myself when I bump into them and they are light and easy to move. Mine are on carpet so slipping is not an issue. The dogs got used to them very quickly and I no longer have to worry about them jumping off of the furniture and injuring their little legs. The covers are washable and the steps are long lasting. I have tried other styles of doggie steps (plastic and wooden) and these are the ones that the we prefer. I would definitely recommend PetStairz to all pet owners.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Item is as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate
We bought the 5-step stairs for our two miniature Dachsunds to climb up to the 4-poster bed. Lola races up and down the stairz. Maddie, the 8-lb. one won't go up, but she does use them to get off the bed. We feel so much better not worrying about them jumping and hurting their backs. Just recently we purchased the 3-step for the family room. We are equally as happy with this set, as they both can climb up to the couch and off again. Both Stairz are light-weight and easy to move around, and soft on paws. We're very happy with this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? They look exactly the same as the image on screen.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality.
I purchased the three step and the five step for my Pekingese who has very short legs and it was for easy access for her to climb up to her chair. As the breed has little legs regardless how old the dog is, my pekingese ( six month puppy) takes a run at the steps and she loves the fun of getting to the top! There is a rubber non slip sheet under the base of the steps to stop the steps moving while in use. The fleese cover is machine washable and fits perectly back on to the steps after drying. They look better than what I thought they would be. I am really delighted with both sets of steps. The five step is when she masters the three steps and then can get up to my daughter's bed for snuggles. I would recommend this product. It looks excellent!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is exactly how it appears on the box
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was very accurate, but the colour is a beautiful cream.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is of excellent quality and workmanship.
We got a new couch that was higher than our old couch, and our 2 chihuahuas were very confused by this. So, ordered this and they have learned to use it. A perfect solution! Unobtrusive, easily moveable, and most of all, not ugly!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice strong foam and nice plush fabric.
I bought the 3 step for my 14 lb dachshunds. They use it to get onto my low bed easily. It is light weight so the dogs can move it when playing unless it is tacked down with the adhesive it comes with. I like the softness rather than having a hard surface that can hurt them if they slip. However, I wish it was a few inches wider.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
Our little 5 lb dog can jump up to most couches, but this step made it a perfect and easy way for her to go up and down with minimal impact on her little legs. She took right to it, and uses it all the time. Plus, it's so cute to watch her on them! She owns them. Quality seems really good. I doubt we will take them outside the house, tho. We are happy with this purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
We have purchased these steps in several forms, 3 steps, 4 steps. Our cat has taken to them immediately and uses them daily. Her arthritis in the back legs kept her from jumping on the bed and in the window sill. Now she can do both with the help of the PetStairz foam steps.
These foam steps are great, comes in several heights; nice full width, good cover. Avoid injuries to pets and people with their softness. Our short-legged senior dogs enjoy using them. Only downside is that they are quite expensive for a chunk of cut foam. I recall buying a set with four steps for **** not too very long ago. But there apparently is only one company making them now.
Our aging Yorkie needed help getting up to look out the window. Since she has jumped up for so long, it was a little difficult to train her - not the fault of the stairs. The stairs were nice and soft, yet stable enough for her to feel comfortable and safe. They didn't hurt her joints and the stairs just fit right into our decor. I would recommend these stairs to anyone who has an animal that needs assistance getting up and down. They are not high enough to work with a bed though - need another level for that.
I have bought other pet stairs, and these are by far the best. We put them on carpet so they don't slide around (but they do come with a non-slip pad if you need it). They are firm (even my adult daughter has sat on them with no problem). Our dogs are both under 15 lbs. They have no fear of them because they make no noise when being used. We have beds with wood side boards and all other stairs made a loud noise when the dogs used them. I have two of these, a 3-step and a 4-step and I have to say if I ever have to purchase stairs again I will look for these. I received them very quickly as well, which is a big plus!
I bought this for my cat, Josie, who is older and can't jump as high. I put it next to my bed and she uses it sometimes. She still jumps up onto the bed most of the time, though. I imagine when she has more trouble she will use it more often. The stairs are soft, easy to move around, and don't interefere with the bedroom's small space. It's a good buy.
This is great for my little old doggie! She can get on the couch with no problem. Highly recommend this product!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? matches exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
My dachshund recently developed a back problem and is no longer allowed to jump on and off furniture. I looked at many different styles of pet stairs, including ramps, and PetStairz seemed perfect. They are very well made, compact, provide support and most importantly, are short enough for little dogs to easily manage. The fleece cover is removable for washing. In addition, Overstock's price was excellent. I highly recommend them.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image was 100% accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was 100% accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These stairs are exceptional. Lightweight but sturdy, soft but supportive, and most importantly they aren't steep. Great for little dogs with short legs.