Works very well for my small dog. Does the job I bought it for. The burgundy cover is very cheap looking.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Plastic steps very good. Cover is very cheap looking.
CAUTION ~ These steps are NOT skid resistant when on wood floors. The steps are NOT SOFT as the Ad implies there is only the slip-cover covering the polyplastic steps. The downward slant of both steps is a danger for the descent & is a No-Go for our pet. They'll ascend up but not down. Easy to put together & but not a real necessity in hindsight.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Poor. Steps are slipcovered 16" PLASTIC stairs with a DOWNWARD SLANT that is NOT well visualized in the stock photos.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Small & large pets CANNOT easily go down the stairs. The downward slant of the steps is no good. Besides the steps are polyplastic & not cushioned as the Ad implies & on wood floors, the steps can slip dangerously away from the bed frame - our reason for purchasing the stairs.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. FAIR to go up the steps. POOR for the descent.
The big problem with these steps is that the surface of each step is slanted - maybe only 10-15 degrees, but slanted away from the bed (or whatever it's up against). Imagine walking down your own steps, and what if they were designed so that they slanted away from you! I'd feel like I was falling! I guess that is why they are at Overstock. I was planning on using these for my small dog and possibly as a lounge for my cats by a window, but that won't work either. They steps are made of a hard plastic, they are sturdy and then a thin, velvet-like fabric cover (no grip to the fabric, which doesn't help with the slant). They could use a little cushion, the fabric is very thin and the plastic hard. Anyway, my dog's not having any of these and I don't blame him.
These steps are great for medium to large dogs. They are extra deep which makes it easy to get all four feet on each step. It is lightweight, for easy portability, and the removeable cover gives traction and can be thrown in the washer when it gets dirty. These steps are half the price of retail stores.