We purchased two of these to take our cats on a cross country flight.... we didn't take the flight yet but we've used the carriers a lot already. Our cats are fully grown adult females and probably weigh about 13 pounds each, and they fit just fine in these carriers. The rolling feature is great and the cats don't seem to mind the vibration of the sidewalk. The backpack feature is nice too, but I think the cats felt a little seasick from it because they started to meow a lot. They are spoiled indoor house cats but they are adapting well to their walks through the city in their new carriers. Overall, this is a well designed product, but there is an odd feature. When you lay the carrier down, the cat is laying on the thin, relatively unpadded back section and the handle bar goes right down the middle. So, the cat is pretty much laying on the handle bar and they were a little uncomfortable. We will definitely get some extra padding for the long flight.
My little Yorkie mix and I just returned from vacation...first by car-great car seat...second by plane-super mode of transportation...third by boat - perfect...fourth hiking-worked like a champ. We both loved all four possibilities this carrier provides. I did make an additional padding for the bottom just for her comfort.....or probably as a dog lover for my need to comfort her. It would probably be a struggle for a 12 to 15 lb dog to fit in this carrier....mine is 7.5 pounds.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very High quality
I Absolutely Love This Carrier... Get Compliments Everywhere I Go... Perfect Size For My 11 Pound Kitty... I Can Carry It On My Shoulder, Use It Like A Backpack Or Use The Extended Handle And Pull It Behind Me... Highly Recommended...You Will NOT Be Disappointed...
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly As Shown...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was Even More Impressed When I Saw The Carrier...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality...Will Last A Very Long Time...
I used this to take my Yorkie on her first ever airplane trip. It is light weight yet sturdy. The handle made it easy to maneuver in the airport. It slid easily under the seat (US Air). I would recommend it highly to anybody with a small pet. I plan on using it as a car carrier also as it has straps in the back that you can loop the seatbelt thru.
Pet carrier is well built but I don't see how a 15 pound dog would fit. My 8 pound Chihuahua is fairly comfortable but he could not be much bigger. My husband went on line to the manufacturer's web site to get assembling instructions. There are some strange things to be put together. We put his blanket in it and put his bed away so he would get used to the size and smell before he travels in it. He will go in by himself when he can't find a lap!
Miss Daisy loves this! She can sit up and watch what's going on. Haven't used it on an airplane yet, but it is perfect in the car. I love the way it can be strapped in like a car seat. Rolling it is much better than lugging a bag with a large Maine Coon in it, too.
It is easy to transport, and compact but a little small for my tall, long legged Cat. He only weighs 11 pounds but he is long, thus is forced to sit up. The next size, which I use for my heavier cat, would probably be better. This carrier does tip forward, which is a drag. The design does let the back straps of the backpack drag, but if tied together with a rubber band it isn't a nuisance. To wear as a back pack is not the most comfortable, but is convenient. Need to add additional padding on the bottom for your cat's comfort.
These carriers are very nice and well made, and give you side pockets (I like to stick my checkbook in there for paying the vet). My cats are large- over 14 lbs., so they do fill much of the space- I wouldn't take them on a long trip in these- just to the vet. I like than they can be used as a back pack or wheeled like luggage. I have been able to wrap a seatbelt around them to help keep them still in the car.The one complaint I have is that they tip over forward when I try to park them in the waiting room- any cat movement easily throws them off balance. It is easier to drop an anxious cat vertically into these and zip them up than the typical plastic cat carrier.
This product is very nice for transporting a 6 pound dog. He is safely and comfortably confined in a car and the rolling feature saves us from having to carry the case. Works nicely as a backpack, too. The side pockets will hold a sack of food and a chew or a toy. Great for a dog that is really too small to be on a leash in public.
This carrie serves several purposes as indicated in description. The backpack straps do 'get in the way' if using the roller function. A tie wrap helps with this. A toy manchester terrier can fit in this even with their long legs and tall ears. My dog took to this right away--using it as a car set. Air travel is next. :)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? True to product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above average
I love this backpack. My cat comes everywhere with us and I don't feel like I am leaving him out since the dog is always with us. Had one for years and just wanted a new color so I purchased a new one. It is totally secure, just make sure the zippers are all the way down to one side or another because one time I met the zippers at the top and my cat was able to separate the two zippers. All the way down to one side or another and that has never happened. Have been using these for 6+ years. Totally recommend.
My Mini Doxie freaked out when I put her in this kennel. It is not as wide as I expected & I think she felt cramped. Also if you use it to pull behind you the dog is very tipped or angled backwards. Rubi kept scratching & whining to get out so finally I just took her out & left the product with the family member whose house I had had it delivered to & flew out of town WITHOUT it. Kind of a waste of money for me. The item sounded better on paper than it worked out for me. Also the product needs to be Aired out for several days after opening the box as it does not smell very good coming out of the package,
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
I ordered one in pink for my cat. The color is fun and nice. My cat pits nicely in this carrier and I no longer have shoulder pain carrying him around.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Well correlate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100% accurate
I own a similar model -- now 7 years old. This one is of great quality and very attractive, especially for air travel. I'll be proud to wheel my dog anywhere. I do think for air travel, a heavy pad to lie on when the carrier is under the seat in front of me will be necessary. The telescoping handle is exposed to the inside of the carrier with only dernier covering it. I do not find this to be a serious flaw and knew about it from a previous review before purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Own an older version for this size dog -- this one's roomier with the expandable sides.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well constructed. Will use a pad for my dog to lay on during a flight.
Good quality, nice looking but can't figure out tethers. Used as a carseat.left flap open and dog was able to get out onto seat.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quaslity
This carrier was great for transporting my 12lb. cat from California to Boston. I put him in it, carried it as a backpack, and found it great. The only downside was that I sometimes forgot I was transporting a cat in my backpack and once or twice lightly bumped into something, only to feel bad because I had a live animal back there! It would be nice if they had a bit more of a hard shield so that if I bump something, he wouldn't risk getting hurt. Also, although the wheels have a cover, it would be nice if there were a little more padding so that they don't dig into the lower back when carrying it for awhile. Other than that, I was very happy with the carrier. I put a towel in over the back handle rods and he seemed fine with it for a 6 hour flight.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Identical
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
This was exactly what I was looking for to transport my 9 lb. kitty to the vet and travel short distances.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good