We have a 4mo old puppy, about 10 pounds. will grow to about 14 pounds. Got this enclosure to bring with us when we travel. It folds down easily, has a waterproof floor, see-through sides so puppy can see us and we can see him, zip top (which we removed), and easy zip door (as sides are a bit tall for kids and petite wife to reach over) which you can velcro in the open position (nice touch - handy). Definitely sturdy, nice looking for what it is, useful, well designed. Really a must.
Bought this pen in lieu of a crate for my Yorkie. It's perfect. We got the large size so he would have plenty of room for his bed, food and toys and still be able to move around inside while we are away from home. Construction is very sturdy and it's really easy to clean with just a soapy towel or sponge. The bottom is moisture resistant so I don't have to worry when he spills a little water from his bowl. One thing to note is that if your dog is smart they can escape from the let down door. Be sure to zip the door closed towards the top of the unit so your dog can't reach the zipper.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy
i saw similar pens for considerably less money, but there was no mention of a zip off top, which i wanted. this one is made of high quality fabrics, zippers, etc and has stood up to being moved around quite a bit and having the puppy throwing herself at the sides at times. so far, we are very pleased and find it to be an essential tool for raising a puppy. one improvement would be a waterproof liner for the bottom.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
The pet pen is sturdy while also being easily transferrable. It is just the right size for my dog, and is large enough to keep food and water inside. The zip open door makes this pen very user friendly, as well. My dog actually enjoys this pen versus the crate he used previously. I would definitely recommend this pet pen.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just as pictured
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Just as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent product
We bought this to keep our 15 lb dog in it because he was having accidents on a daily basis. The dog absolutely loves this octagon and sometimes doesn't even want to come out! No more accidents either (knock on wood)
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
I was very impressed when this item arrived. I have two small dogs (a Chihuahua and a Toy Poodle); unfortunately, the third time I left them in it they figured out how to unzip it and got out. The next time I left them I thought I had solved the problem but when I came home they had broken the zipper and were happily running around. I'm still using it to hold all their toys and they do go in to play and bring things out. I really like the concept and wonder if it would work with a metal zipper closing. I'm still trying to find a way to make this work but so far have been unsuccessful.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was very accurately portrayed.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very high quality
We purchased the Pet Gear Large Octagon Pet Pen for our 2 shih tzu's for our vacation. We opened it in the house first, put their blanket in it, and they immediately felt at home. The materials are high quality. Pen is easy to open; a little tricky to fold back down. But, once folded - it's EASY to take on a trip or store. We LOVE this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality materials
I purchased this for my daughter to use, initially for use when she takes her mini-dachshunds to trials. One pooch gave birth just about when the pen arrived, so she also used it for the first few weeks for mom and pups - they've since been transferred to another protective area now that they are more mobile, and more likely to chew things, but it worked great for those first weeks. I think she was very pleased with the item, and will be able to use it for future trips to trials. Certainly very light weight and portable. If not for allergies, I would ask to borrow it back while it is currently not in use for my little kitty who is coming home tomorrow from her "special" surgery to keep her safe and protected. Sigh. Will have to come up with another plan (we have one bully cat who has it in for kittens, aka something smaller than her, typical bully behavior!). Back to the pen - when she came over to get it, we tried it out to see how well it worked. It was super easy and quick to open and fold up again, and the strap that holds it in the folded up position can be used for carrying (can't quite recall how robust that strap is, but suspect after multiple uses it may wear out as any elastic band will do, but that should not pose too much of a problem). All-in-all this is a nice item to have on hand for outdoor use and traveling for not-too-large, well-behaved pooches (and maybe even kitties or at least kittens). As with all child and pet products, this would not be recommended for unattended containment. Briefly being out of sight may be fine, but I would never leave any animal in something less than a solid crate for long periods as they could chew/scratch their way out and be lost! If the top is off, even more so - although they may never have jumped that high before, never underestimate their ability/desire.
We have 3 scottish Terriers. We bought this item to use when we travel. It fits perfectly back in the bathroom area, It contains them while we are moving without having to put them in crates that restricts all their movements so much. It also works perfect when we stop for just one night. My husband does not have to pull out the big Xpen. nor does he have to take long walks with each dog when he is really tired. It sets up in minutes and takes little effort to take it outside. Once you get the folding done pat it takes only minutes to take down. It is big enough they can have all 3 beds and a few toys and a water bowl that won't spill. Not made for use unattended. as a chewer would make short work of it. But we have put a puppy of 4 months in it while we were there to watch her.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Need more close ups. other wise it's fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate discription.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well worth the money.
We adopted a new kitty and needed an enclosure to protect her while getting used to her new surroundings. We already have 2 cats so this is a great way to introduce them. Very easy setup and take down. The unit is lightweight, easy to wipe clean and storage takes up very little room. Would highly recommend.
Some believe that cats/kittens cannot be contained but this is not the case. Got my new feline friiend when he was only 4 weeks old and like all other kittens he was extremely curious. I have a rather large residence and I worry that this little 1 lb creature will get into something somewhere where he might get hurt so I made this purchase to place my kitten in at night until he is old enough not to squeeze into places like behid the refrigerator or under my heating unit. He is also placed there when I have deliveries or the meter reader comes in as I do not want to take the chance that he will just take off out the front door. It is working out really welll. My kitten seeems to like this pen. He willing goes into it and does not freak out when he is placed in it. The pen provides great ventilation and is made of sturdy material. While playing outside the pen my kitty will climb or occasionally stretch and scratch the pen - yet it does not show any sign of scratching on the material. I believe it to be a life saver for my little kitty. Very happy to have made this purchase.
I have two cats, rescued as kittens from a local shelter. We are also birders, so believe in keeping cats indoors. It is also safer for the cats, as we have eagles and coyotes that consider cats a 5 star dinner. I got this item towards the end of summer, so I could place it on the deck and zip the cats inside and keep them safe in some fresh air, with something different to view. They were not happy, but would eventually stop howling and settle down. I hope it will get more use next year.
I will recommend the product unless it is for a puppy. Puppy's figure out very quickly how to get out by just chewing on the door with the zipper....and rendering the whole pen totally useless. I actually bought 3 of these for different places thinking they were so great and my puppy (small Havanese) chewed all three right up! I then contacted the company who manufactures them and sent them pictures......but of course their response stopped after they reviewed the pictures. The product is fine for cat's or an older dog who will not chew.
Very well made. Easy to use and fold away. Good quality product for use with small to medium dogs, cats or bunnies.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The product is better looking in person.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description of product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
overstock has the best prices! and product.Always order from overstock before any other store.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wounderful
Within 1 minute of setting up the Pet Pen our cats were inside and checking it out. They seem to love it and gives them the opportunity to spend time in the fresh air since they are indoor cats. I recommend the Pet Pen.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image clearly represents the product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description was true and not misleading.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fine for it's intended use.