After a lot of research I purchased this product for my 86 lb. lab/pointer mix who tore both of her rear ACL's. She no longer could easily get in and out of the car or on the furniture which she loved. I found them easy to assemble but was unsure as to whether they would really support her. Since I weigh 105 lbs. I walked on them first. They supported me with no problem. We don't have steps in the house and I had to show her how to use them but she finds them easy to use and loves them. I was going to order a ramp for the car but there is no need with these steps. They are light enough for me to carry outside and allow her to climb safely in and out of the back seat. What a wonderful product.
The product was very easy to put together. My golden weighs 63 lbs. and easily navigates into the SUV and truck cab. The width of the stairs, the carpet, and slope all make for very good stability. The stairs are light and easily carried and stored. She is so happy to be able to get in and out of the vehicles with ease.
I needed sturdy stairs for our older German Shepard to get up and down in the house as well the truck. With the wider width these stairs have it was easier for her to navigate, plus our puppies use it too. Very sturdy, lightweight and versatile and would recommend it highly. I will probably buy one more for just in house use and keep the other in the truck.
Really easy to put together. The carpet is attached by Velcro so you can take it off and clean it, nice. As one review mentioned there is a hollow sound the dogs don't like. I haven't stuffed it yet but I might, they are using them. When they play king of the hill the steps fail cause the steps are big enough for the blocked dog to still get through. My dogs are little, affenpinschers. The hill they are playing king of all the time is the bed, if the king is actually on the bed he also can't knock the other dog off of these, great traction.
Since my dog was just diagnosed with neck concerns and arthritis, we had to make sure there is no more jumping off the furniture. I searched for the height of step I needed and found this one. What is nice is that the steps are long so my dog doesn't feel like he's falling down them. Some steps are so small that they literally run or fall down them. The ramp we tried first was a failure...too much air space and he felt like he was bouncing down. This product is solid and supports each step up and down. The price was so much less than the ramp. I'm hoping this keeps my dog healthy and safe so we have little concerns with his neck.
The 2 individual steps may a bit high for smaller,or troubled, short legged pets. Perhaps a set with three, more shallow steps would be better. The carpet could be more coarse, to aid in the pets grip. I cut foam and inserted it into the cavity, to dull the "hollow" sound. Some pets may not be bothered by the sound.
The most important thing when you are looking for steps is the sufficient size of the top (platform) of each step. The second thing is the height of each step. Both my tiny Bijon and my medium size (40-lb.) dog feel comfortable on the platform of the steps. The height is good for each of them. And the top platform is even with my couch's seat cushion. This set of pet stairs is perfect for my family room. It looks attractive and well-made. The top of each step is firmly carpeted, so there's no tripping. The weave is very tight, so spots wipe off easily. It's attractive to look at. The color is neutral. It's sturdy. And it is very reasonably-priced.
It was easy to put together, I was surprised has strong it was. It supports quite a bit of weight. I've bought others and they all got broke. It would be difficult to break this one. All 3 dogs us it. Lhaso apsos about 20 - 25 Lbs.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very strong
Sturdy stairs. Just have to teach my dog to use them.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Made well
Got the steps for about a month and my girls love them.Now the can get up in the bed and on the couch to get the cats.I have mini schnauzers and now they love to sit with us on the couch/sleep in bed ,it is easy for them now to get on or off easy and not afraid to tumble or slip of and get hurt.Recomment these steps for all dog/cat lovers!!Thanks again overstock for a good product that does not sit around,it get's used daily.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly as shown
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy/good quality
The product snapped together easily and looks great. The dog to whom it is presented is still weighing whether she will use the steps. We like them and hope she makes up her mind soon.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks just like the picture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is spot on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product is excellent.
THIS IS THE SECOND SET OF PET STAIRS WE HAVE ORDERED. THE 16" STAIRS ARE PERFECT FOR USING BY A BED. THEY ARE MORE ANGLED THAN THE SMALLER STEPS, SO EASY FOR OUR 25# DOG TO USE. WE HAD NO TROUBLE IN GETTING HER TO USE THEM. EASY TO PUT TOGETHER. THEY ARE STABLE ON CARPET....IF YOU HAD HARDWOOD FLOORS, I WOULD PUT THEM ON A RUBBER-BACKED RUG TO GIVE GOOD STABILITY AND NO MOVEMENT. WE WOULD RECOMMEND THESE TO ANYONE.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? EXACTLY AS SHOWN
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? VERY ACCURATE
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY GOOD QUALITY
These steps are perfect for my small dogs to use to get onto the couch. My one has an injured ACL and can no longer jump onto the couch, He was feling very left out as the other dog sat with us. I am unable to lift him, so he often got left out. He was put off by the slanted steps at first, but quickly learned to use them to join the group. Our other dog thinks they are great, learning how to use them much faster than the one we bought them for.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks exactly like it does on the site
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description on the site was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The steps I purchased are perfect for my injured pet. He can easily use them to climb onto the couch and be with family.The steps are made of thick plastic and quality carpet whick completly meets our needs
These steps are very easy to assemble. At first, my dogs were afraid and wouldn't attempt to go up them. It took a few days and now they go up and down them daily- it makes it much easier for them to get into our bed and will save their little kneecaps from straining :) I have to say-- these steps are kind of ugly. The tan color makes it look like a geriatric product of some sort. But they serve their purpose so I recommend them!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
great for the living room sofa. My 2 yorkies use them all the time. Easy to put together and sturdy.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I bought these stairs for my 13- and 14-year old Yorkies who couldn't get onto the bed any longer. I was also concerned about them jumping off as the 14-year old hurt her paw jumping from a lower height. The stairs were easy to put together and of very sturdy construction. The two stairs are carpeted and a large enough size so smaller dogs can actually sit on them instead of having to run right up. Our dogs were initially afraid of them but after some prompting (putting their paws on the lower stair and sort of pushing them upward) they have taken to them. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?!?
This is perfect for my terrier to get on and off the window ottoman. It snaps together with ease. Sturdy and stable on carpet. This will protect his joints. Give your animal some time. I showed my guy that it was OK to use it. Treated him for going up and down the first day, then let him decide. A week later it was his preferred way to maneuver. Alao: The price is fantastic when compared to other sites and catalogs.