I bought this for my 11 year old German Shepherd. He has hip dysplasia and arthritis in his elbows. He took to the bed as soon as I put it on the floor and has been on it practically ever since. Time will tell as far as how well the foam holds up, hopefully it will remain supportive for quite a while.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be great quality.
We have 2 hunting dogs (Pointer-35lbs and German Shorthair-70 lbs). Both dogs like the bed. But it is very large, I could have ordered a smaller one as this one takes up a lot of space. The cover is a bit cumbersome to remove and I am not sure how long the zipper will last because of the way the foam comes out. We will see!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looked the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
Everything is great about this bed except for the zipper which now won't close. The cover is actually fairly thick and my 13 year-old dog likes it a lot but within 4 months the zipper broke and I can't close this anymore so that is why it is only two stars.
When the description of this bed says large, they mean it. I have four dogs ranging from a chocolate lab, a border collie, a peek-a-poo and a small mutt, and they can all four fit on this bed. The first day we got it one of the dogs got sick and we had to wash it. While the foam was nice and thick, it fit in our front loader (but not our conventional- yes, we have two washers- don't judge) snugly. It dried out within a day with the help of a fan. The cover washed up great. I recommend this dog bed.
Perfect for our old shepherd with DM. This gives plenty of support for his body & lots of room to move around. There's even room to add another, smaller dog! Sometimes even a grand-daughter! The cover washes well - on cold, no dryer- but it's helpful to have 2 people put the cover back on.