I am very impressed with these beds! I ordered 2 as I have 2 really big dogs, an English Mastiff that weights 201 lbs and a Great Dane that weighs 150 lbs. These beds are perfect for them! I was a bit concerned as to whether or not they would be big & sturdy enough......no worries! They are indeed big enough and sturdy enough. The orthopedic padding is a great help to both my guys, but especially to my Mastiff as he is 10 years old and not a young man anymore. The extra support is great for him........my Great Dane loves it as well, for the comfort. I love that the slip can be removed for washing......however I keep a blanket over the top of each bed so all I have to do is shake it out each day instead of washing the slip covers every other day or so. It is much easier to just throw a blanket in the wash instead of taking off and putting back on the removable slip cover. It is difficult to get that orthopedic foam back into the zip up cover.....trust me, I've lived & learned about that issue :) Also, the price of the beds was very reasonable as I have purchased at least a dozen of them over the last 10 years and have paid a lot more than $60 for one of these beds. Plus with the free shipping, you can't go wrong. I am very happy that I found these items on Overstock.com as I will be purchasing more of their pet supplies.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
I bought the Large size because 2 of my dogs are pretty big (80 - 100 lbs.), but a Medium size would have worked just fine.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? dog was missing but matched exactly otherwise
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? dead on accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, it's great. I get on the floor now and then with my dogs and I've even laid on this bed with them. Very comfortable!
bed came folded up in like a "vacuum sealed" bag when I opened seal bed immediately opened to full size I have 2 greyhounds they are 65-75 pounds and long they fit on the bed great. bed is soft dogs laying on it don't touch ground. They love it and have plenty of room to stretch out. have not washed yet but top is like a lambswool and white so I would/will recommend a small blanket/sheet on top so it can be easily shaken out and washed without having to dimantle entire bed all the time
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
I have had this dog bed for three months now and it is amazing! It still has its shape and has not sunk at all. My dog was hit by a truck and had surgery for her pelvis and spine so she needed something comfortable. This dog bed is perfect for her. She lays on it most of the day and all night. I just put a blanket on top of it so that it is easier to keep clean since the material is white.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
We have purchased so many dog beds over the years, and they were fine until our sweet, giant lab started aging. His hips became stiff and sore, and we started to look for something that might help alleviate this pain. We are thrilled with this bed, it is big enough for him (he weighs 110 pounds) and completely supports him, off the floor. I have started taking his bed to where ever I am, in my bedroom at night, the family room during the day, so he can use it all the time. It is a wonderful find, I could not be more pleased.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
The quality of this product is mediocre at best. The alleged "4 in. memory foam" is actually two, very light, egg-crate-shaped pieces of cheap foam placed back to back. So, don't think this is anything like the memory foam on human mattresses; it is more like a cheap egg crate mattress topper folded in half and stuffed in a cheap cover. The cover is low-quality, chincy material. The white side is very thin, easily tearable, and in no wise water resistant. The brown side is not much better. I purchased two of these for my two labs, and they easily chewed through the zippers on both within the first few days. This product is overpriced for the low quality.
Nice large dog bed that the dogs like. Is holding up just fine so far. have had for a couple of months now
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fine
My German Shepherd loves this bed. She has arthritis and it makes her so much more comfortable than her last bed. I bought the large size so she has a lot of room to "toss and turn"! I reccomend this bedand the price is very good, also.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good quality
I just adopted a rescue pup who's between 8 and 12 years old, who had probably 15 litters in a puppy mill. Which is to say: her body has taken a beating during its lifetime, and I needed to get her a soft, orthopedic bed. This bed is all that and more. The previous descriptions of it being soft, incredibly comfortable, etc., are all *extremely* accurate. I opened the package, unfolded the bed (it immediately sprung to its full softness!) and lay it down. My dog likes it more than she likes my actual human bed -- it's that comfortable. It's also enormous. She's a sixty-pound Shepherd mix, and when she curls up into a ball she takes up a tiny percentage of the bed. This could comfortably fit two or three dogs her size, if not more. When she spreads out on it, she still only takes up a little under half of it. I kind of feel silly having bought her such a big bed, but on the other hand, it's excellent quality and it was so inexpensive compared to other ortho beds, so why not? All in all - this bed is seriously fantastic. It's enormous, definitely lives up to the description of orthopedic foam and comfort, and ridiculously inexpensive for a bed of this quality. By far my best purchase this year. My dog agrees!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate in terms of shape, etc, but the actual bed is MUCH bigger!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
This is a quality bed I got at a great price. It was better than any other bed I purchased at local pet store. Washes easily, though it is a trick getting it back in the "eggshell" type bedding. Either way, my pooches love it and it looks comfy!
This item is accurately described. A nice comfy foam bed for my aging dog who likes to stretch her legs out now (and not curl them as before in her donut bed). She always takes a bit of time to get used to new things, so last week when she wasn't on it, I grabbed it and stuck it in bed with me and it helped my aching back!! Now, she loves it and goes right on, stretches out, sighs, and goes to sleep.
For anyone following my reviews and think to yourselves - "oh, she thinks everything's great" - do not disregard! Honestly, I have not once been disappointed by an Overstock purchase and this bed is no exception. I would've spent much more on one of these beds at my local pet stores. I have to get an orthopedic bed because I have a greyhound. Not only do they have no body fat to cushion them, but they had hard racing lives and their bones need TLC as they age. My guy is 13 now and says his bed is a "plushatorium". We are both very satisfied.