I bought this for an aging cat. It is much more than she needs. I think this is more appropriate for a large dog. However, I like it so I'm going to keep it. I received it last night and put it into my bedroom immediately. I haven't noticed any off gassing.
We recently ordered a solid cherry sleighbed and I was afraid my 2 large dogs would damage it when jumping on and off so i ordered these stairs to get my dogs adjusted to getting on the bed from the side instead of the foot board. I was leery because each of my dogs weigh 80+lbs. These stairs are super sturdy and stable! I even used the stairs before training my dogs to use them to ensure their safety and they held my weight easily! They are wide enough for my dogs to comfortably climb them and they are the perfect height as well. I could not be happier with my purchase! I highly recommend these for dogs as large as a lab. I'm very conscious of injury (I worked for years as a vet tech) and i am impressed with how much safer these are than having them just climb or jump on and off the bed...and it only took one time guiding them to use the stairs for them to start using them on their own. I'm assuming it's less strain on them as they are getting older. Love these!!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the image did not do this product justice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate in all except weight restrictions..sturdier than i expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very solid construction
These are perfect for my aging cat to climb up on our high bed. I was concerned the steps wouldn't be high enough but the height turned out to be just right. We ordered the beige color and it's nice and neutral, doesn't look out of place in our bedroom. Steps are very sturdy and well constructed -- can support even my weight without any problem. My only complaint is they initially had a slight chemical smell but I think it is disappearing with time. It is not a pleasant scent to have near your bed as you sleep the first few nights, but I have been spraying with Febreeze and it is getting much better. Oh yeah, and the cat loves them!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? As pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
I was worried these steps would not support my 20 lb dog...well no worries there. I can stand on these steps! Extremely sturdy frame covered with nice quality carpet.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The real item is much larger than I thought it would be, this is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Who reads descriptions?
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely sturdy steps.
Our cat is getting older and she has trouble jumping up onto her kitty condo. So we needed something to allow her to climb up to the condos first platform and this fit the bill perfectly. She took to it right away. The carpet on it is adhered well too...it's a thumbs up.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly the same in person as online except it's also very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, good size, it's for our cat but I could stand on these steps.
These pet stairs are the best ones I've ever bought, very sturdy and well carpeted. Not only for cats, I actually bought this for my 60lb Golden Retriever and she loves them. She goes up and down on my bed with ease, would highly recommend them.
I probably looked at 20+ pet stairs on line and in stores and this was best looking to fit in with furniture, as well as what looked like the most solid construction. I have one 20 year old and two 10 yr. old cats. My 20 year old no longer has to jump up or down with his bad hips and he started using the steps the first day. All 3 cats use them so I'm thrilled! Great value and very solid construction that doesn't move around.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product exactly what was shown on website
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly accurate...dimensions, quality, color, etc.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Actually better quality than I expected for the price. Great value!
Perfect for my 10 year old Bichon Frise to get up on our bed. Nice neutral color. Seems very sturdy.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I share my king size bed with Two chihuahuas, and two other smallish dogs. Since getting the steps they are all able to get on and off the bed with no assistance from me. They learned to use it othe first day I put it next to my bed. Great steps...
I have been looking for stairs for my cat on and off now for about a year now. I just couldn't find one that was big enough yet not do big it took up do much room. I also had a problem with how sturdy others were. Everything I saw or purchased was plastic, claiming to be strong enough for a small to medium size dog but never was. My cat is very big about the size of a small to medium size dog. Theven stairs are great!! They are made very well and are carpeted which is a big plus. Not just a covering like alot of other ones out there. It also comes already built too, an even bigger plus since I'm handicapped and have a hard time now buildings. Well worth the price!! Would recommend this to everyone looking for quality, stability and size. Great product!!
the steps are decent construction, but i feel the steps are really narrow. only about 6 inches depth. for my older cat this is troubling for her to climb. the price is great, but i am thinking of returning them. the depth is just too shallow for her
My almost 18 year old cat can't jump onto my bed. He uses the old cat condo that is threadbare. Being very set in his ways I didn't think he would use stairs. I showed him how exactly twice and he started using them on his own. He still uses the condo to get down but I'm working on that! The stairs are very sturdy and well made.
My two older cats liked the steps immediately. They enjoy spending time stretched out on the steps because the material must feel great on their tummies. The steps are perfectly spaced and they don't even try to make a flying leap onto the furniture.