I have both the medium and small sizes for my 2 20-pound Boston Terriers. They use both sizes equally. The small size is perfect for curling up and snuggling in. The medium size offers more of a stretched-out repose. We've had the 2 beds for several months and I just ordered another small sized one to take to our vacation home. I've washed both the small and medium bed in my front-load washing machine with excellent results. They are very durable and the padding is nice and thick. We've gone through lots of beds that didn't last because both of my girls like to "dig around" and make their nest, this bed actually stands up to that.
With a pup who went from 6 to 60 pounds in his first year, no matter what size puppy bed we used, he stretched out over it. Eventually his dog-bed size exceeded my budget, and I had been using an old folded sleeping bag. This bed is perfect and cost so much less at Overstock.com than at the local pet stores. I'd expected it to be flat in the middle, but when it arrived, the center was puffed right up and gives him a lot of cushion. It's so comfy, I like snuggling in it with him. The next time we have overnight guests, I'm sleeping with the dog.
I was disappointed when I received the dog bed and returned it. The description said it was machine washable, but the cover does not come off and it would have to be washed at the laundromat in the largest machine possible, which would be extremely costly over a period of time.
I have 2 Newfoudlands and a St. Bernard all of which are giants. I bought the largest size, they fit the dogs perfectly. The dogs can cuddle up in them with a small amount of room to spare (enough for the cat). Quality wise they seem like they will endure a bit of wear; the padding will go flat eventually but I have them on Kuranda raised beds and it will take longer for the deflation to happen. They are not orthopedic beds but for the price for size I am pleased.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Completely
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Medium quality
I have picky greyhounds. After a few hours of trying to figure out how to navigate the plush nature of the center they have been rotating in and out of it all night. Cant speak to durability yet, but they give it 4 paws up. I ordered a second one. For the price it is exceptional. I have a 90lb and a 65 lb greyhoud- they like to curl and this fits them both perfectly
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? actually more plush than i expected
We have three dogs in our household. One is an English Mastiff and the other two are Corgies. If the Mastiff curls up all three dogs are able to fit on the bed. The only downfall is that the bed does not come with a removable cover for washing.
I have purchased several dog beds over the years for my 2 large Labrador Retrievers. I purchased this one based on the other positive reviews. I will admit, after taking it out of the packaging, I wasn't impressed. It seemed awfully flat. Since I figured I was stuck with it, I fluffed it up the best I could and threw it on the floor. It didn't take long for this bed to become the favorite not just with the dogs but also with our 2 cats. Since I'm not the one sleeping on it and they seem to really enjoy it, I gave it a 5 star rating. It is well constructed with a nice duck cloth bottom. I would recommend this product.
Our 115 lb. Dobie loves this bed, and so do his 2 kittens, and there is still room in this bed for more. It seems well made and I really like that the "pillow" is attached, as my dog likes to bury his chew toys in his old bed--this one he just places them on the sides of the bed in between the outer pillow area and the inner pillow. I'm ordering another one of these beds as we plan to get a female Dobie soon, and maybe more cats---we have lots of room and there are lots of pets needing homes, and this bed will hold a lot of pets!!
This dog-bagelstyle bed is great. I have 3 Bernese Mountain Dogs and they all take turns curling up in the bed. We have 2 other beds for them but this is the favorite. It really seems comfortable. My female loves to rest her chin on the outer ring. The 2 males enjoy snuggling in. The red color is truly red, not burgundy or pink/purple.
I got this bed for my 55 lb dog who had been bunching up her old bed to make a nest, so I figured she was wanting something a little more comfortable. As soon as I pulled it out of the box she got in it and stayed there the rest of the night! It has high side walls that she likes to rest her head on and a good amount of fill on the bottom.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? True to product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True to product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems fine
It is just perfect for my little senior girl who really loves it. She is so happy and with her arthritis getting worse I am glad to see her comfortable
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Almost expactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice
I even called and asked if the center was cushiony and they said yes. It's looks like it would be but it's almost flat to the floor - the dog doesn't even really like it :(
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image looks right just not a good product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not an accurate description at all. Center is not cushiony; almost to the floor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality if good if your dog doesn't care about cushion in center
I was nervous about buying this bed because I have never spent this much on a dog bed before that I had never seen. I typically like to feel the bed itself before I buy it since many of them are filled with cheap, non-lasting stuffing. I had to resort to online for a bed with a bolster. My dog (a black lab) loves the bolster/pillow aspect. The pillow/bolster portion is sturdy but still comfortable. I wouldn't call the inside a sherpa lining, its more a velvet-y/one-directional fabric but I don't have a problem with it. The bottom of the bed has canvas on it and I believe that it will last for a long time and feel comfortable that I made a quality investment. I think after a couple years of use the bottom will become rather flat and I might try to incorporate a 'memory foam' piece to make it squishy-er. I compared the prices of this bed to other sites and overstock.com actually had a slightly better price, they also had a coupon at the time (my main reason for purchase) for 15% off and that was my deciding factor for buying it from overstock.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is quite accurate. Its always hard to judge the size.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I was pleased with the accuracy, hard to judge the size and the weight suggestions for the different sizes are what helped me make my decision. However, there were a lot of the "same" beds listed numerous times and with different prices and I couldn't make out a difference between them. I also wouldn't called the center 'sherpa'. Its more velvet-y.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pleased. Has canvas on the bottom and substantial fabric all around.
Both my dogs (boxer & frenchie) sleep in it at the same time I did not realize how much they would like to hang their heads over the side. I wish the cover was removable it will not fit in my washer. For the price a good deal seems well made, and they like it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is actually very nice thick bottom
The center of this bed is mounded--the edges of the center have almost no padding while the very center is lumpy. We can't shift the filling around. Our dog does not love this bed and for the price, he should!
- Did the image onsite match the product? No
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
My 80 pound collie loves his new bed. We used to find him sneaking on the couch or our son's bed to sleep, now he prefers his own bed! It is big enough to be comfortable for a big, tall dog. We are very pleased with this purchase.
- Did the image onsite match the product? The bed looks just like the picture
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? great
I ORDERED THIS FOR WINSTON (WINNIE) MY 9 YEAR OLD 15 POUND MINATURE PINCHER. IT IS WELL MADE AND HAS A DURABLE CANVAS LIKE MATERIAL ON THE BOTTOM. THERE SEEMS TO BE PLENTY OF STUFFING FOR WINNIE AS HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES CURLING UP IN IT. IT ALSO SEEMES TO SUPPORT HIS BACK AND HEAD WELL. ALTHOUGH THERE IS NOT A ZIPPER TO REMOVE THE EXTERIOR FOR WASHING, IT SHOULD FIT OKAY IN A WASHER AND DRYER.
As many other reviewers have pointed out this is a big bed! Comfortably fits my two dogs (one is 50 pounds and one is 75 pounds). They love to rest their chins on the nice high sides and look very cozy. My only concern is finding a washing machine that it will fit into!