Item recieved very quickly and packaged very well. Instructions wern't very difficult if you lay everything out and go slow. Start to finish, I assembled in less than an hour by myself. I did use a drill but it is not really needed. Seems very sturdy and my cats were playing on it immediately along with our pet monkey. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a LARGE cat tree. I have 3 cats so it's perfect. My 14lb cat fits in the cubbys but the ledges are a little small for him.
I have three cats that are about 2 years old. They all had to share a tree that had only one basket and there was never enough room. We ordered this so they could all have their own area. Box arrived in no time at all. My husband and I put this together in about 30 mins. Just make sure to note the letters on the backside of each piece so you put it together in the correct order. It is tall and you can secure between the ceiling and floor with adjustment of top cylinder. Cats were trying to get in as we were building it and love it. Two things though are the size of the baskets which are small, but my cats are cuddly. They are stretching some with use so they should fit in them better in a while. Also the ladders were in the way for them to use the different level so we removed the two on the upper level, you do not need them. Overall very happy with the purchase.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Actual pic
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pleased
i waited a few months to write a quality review,i purchased two of these units,upstairs and down,i have seven cats from FAT to tiny,thay were shipped to me very quickly,overwhelmed with the box's,i looked at the instructions,(i'm a guy,pictures) instructions actually are very simple,the tools provided are adequate,i have better tools,once built,i added additional support, because this unit IS top heavy,very simple, a small piece of 2x4,maybe 1 foot long, and a $1.59 "L" bracket set from Homedepot to attach to wall stud,LITTERALY THAT SIMPLE! ,after 6 months it is still standing,the small wound rope 1/8 has to be mended from time to time(glue,staples) but they are kitties,unit is very very nice,adjustable in all ways,the baskets hold fat cats,REALLY!, they ARE strong,as an engineering student and live in a small apartment,this tree is sooooo cool,adjustable from roughly 2 feet to 4 feet wide, heigth? over 6 to 8 feet,i have vaulted ceilings, as for SERVICE?,my original shipment was stolen from my porch,OVERSTOCK.COM at NO CHARGE,replaced my 2 boxes and where again on my porch in 3 days,being sort of remote,overall if you have family kitties and want to buy quality trees for them,overstock is the place for these trees and they are of well designed quality,in a few years i will need to replace them,these are the ones i will use,any cat owners want to know more from me? E-AIL me,***
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? image didn't quite capture actual size
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? really pretty good,thud why i purchased
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. acutally surprised,quality was far superior than i expected for the price
The Go Pet Club Kitty Condo FC-01 is amazing to behold. If your ceiling is over 8'11" the top will not reach and it will be unstable and a bigger cat my tip it. The baskets are smaller than they look and perfect for a kitten, but a larger cat my have trouble squeezing through to climb up. If you have a graded ceiling like I do, you can just duct tape the thing and it will be 100% fine. That being said, my kitty absolutely LOVES it. She climbs all through it with great ease and sleeps in the baskets and little coves. She also loves chewing it and clawing her way up. Yes, a cat can scale the thing without using the ladders or platforms. All in all, it made be feel way way better about having an indoor cat, knowing she has something that's her own to climb on and play in. Now, when she claws the furniture, I grab her and (lightly) place her on the jungle gym and she learned pretty quick that it's a place she can be herself. Get it if you have a kitty, it's a great value and will give your cat a place to call her own. Since it's pretty much vertical, it takes up very little floor space and it's very fun to observe the cat playing on it. PROS: Cat loves it! Small floorspace, fun to watch cat play on. CONS: Unstable if your ceiling is over 9 feet and you can't anchor it, full size cat may have trouble climbing on it and fitting in the baskets.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looked the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. looks solid, haven't used it long enough to know
This has been an amazing purchase. I have five adopted cats all under the age of 3 and all over 10 pounds. They are up and down this tree constantly at full speed. I really didn't think that the basket loungers would be something they would use but there is always at least one cat sleeping in one of them. The stairs must be for kitten use. My cats jump from level to level and never use the stairs, so I took them out.
I am well satisified with the product. It was not difficult to assemble. My cats love it. I did find out that if I removed the two top ladders, that the cats had more room and ease to use the entire structure.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
I bought this for six declawed kittens and it only lasted five months. The little nests that hang over fell off twice with cats inside them. I was lucky it didn't require a vet visit. I am back on her looking for something better.
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
- How is the quality of the product? poor
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? hard to put together/bad instructions
We purchased two of these over 6 months ago for 11 cats that we are fostering. You must anchor the tree to the wall for stability and check them reguarly to keep everything tightened. You can clean the beds with a brush or sweeper attachment to remove cat hair....I do ours several times a week. The cats love it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurately
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
The upper/lower adjustment bar that provides the stability of the top doesn't move up or down as far as the product suggests. Be certain to measure carefully and have the ability to fix the top portion firmly to the ceiling of the spot you set this up. The baskets are the perfect size for a small cat, but if two cats try to fit together they won't. The covers to the cubbies are fastened by Velcro at the bottom, so they're not sufficient for a cat of any size to really lean against safely, but our 4 figured that out pretty quickly and now they use the bottom edge of the cubby for sneak-attacks on the others while the play up and down the tree.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was accurate.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate.
having several cats they like to play and go nuts,with this condo tree everything fit good well made no missimg parts easy to put to gether what more for the price! im happy all cats are happy watching them in it is a blast!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. had no problem getting it together was easy total time 35 min to me well made
This thing looks great in the pictures and photos online. But the instructions are so bad and so incomplete that it may take me weeks to assemble it. Also there's no mention online of the fact <?> that you have to attach it to your ceiling. What pictures there are of parts are hopelessly inadequate and in some cases just plain wrong. I Know that if and when I get it together my cats will love it....if they live that long (or if *I* live that long).
- How is the quality of the product? quality LOOKS Good but the instructions are so damned poor and incomplete that I haven't been able yet to set aside enough time to decipher what little instructions there are...and I'm generally good at this stuff.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Can't tell yet
The instructions were virtually non-existant and the parts were not labeled in any way. Thus, after a mistake that cost me an hour and having to take it all apart to start over, I got the tree up in a reasonable amount of time. I don't like that it is not terribly sturdy, although it does attach to the ceiling, it comes loose with use by my cats. I found that it came loose from the ceiling in about a week of use and some of the parts that screw together are coming loose, too. The cats absolutely love the material and the scooped beds (they are not big enough for my 17# kitties though, they spill over the edges) and the little houses are not too popular as they are small and have 2 posts in each which hold the structure together making them even smaller. So, it was a good purchase bcause my 6 cats needed something but the quality isn';t too great. I am afraid the scoop beds will break under their weight which will be a nightmare to replace as I'll have to take apart half the tree to fix them. I'd buy it if you can get a great deal.
this would be good for a couple of daring kittens or very small cats ,,, there is very little room for even a normal sized cat (which I have a small cat and a medium cat) . there is little room for them to climb between the ladders and scratch posts ! .... kind of sad.... spent a lot of money and to return this would cost quite a bit of money plus overstock's restocking fee, it's not even worth it to send it back. I've had this for a couple of weeks and even tried to tempt the cats to use this contraption with cat nip and they still won't use it ! Please only get this if you kittens that love to climb and aren't nervous about heights. also, the base really doesn't support the weight of the tree. top heavy
This kitty condo had a nice furry texture. It was difficult for my hands to screw on the connecting pieces without gloves. The ropy wraps were rough, too rough for my hands. Alas, with cats climbing in and out and all over the condo, pretty soon the connecting pieces got the screws that were inside them, all bent and the condo is now falling apart. The whole thing looks drunk. No way to fix it. I wish I had not spent all that money on it.
I loved the picture of this tree house. I have 4 cats and thought they'd love playing on it. I was disappointed in the quality of the materials, fabric peeling off the enclosed cubbies, and the worst thing is it's terribly unstable. I braced it against a wall and weighted the bottom but it still shakes when a cat climbs it. They don't like it wobbling when another cat climbs up, and rarely play together on it, which was my primary purpose in buying it. Still the two smaller cats like to sleep in the little pockets and all the cats use it as a scratching post.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks great in photo, but cheaper construction noticeable when you assemble it.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay, but it is very top heavy and unsteady, even when braced.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I give it a C, some flimsy materials, poor attachment of fabric to wood.
Purchasing this a while back. Kind of confusing to assemble, but my husband and I finally got it together. The cats just love it, finally. Each has claimed a different section, with one of the larger cats in one of the soft bowls which like a 10 pound cat in a 5 pound sack. After a few months we did have to take it apart and tighten it up as it became wobbley. I would like a larger base as our ceiling are very high so I cannot anchor to tree to the ceiling.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
overall, this product gives our cats another place to play, sleep, and or hide from each other.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? matched
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The tree house quality is good
I like the tree house, my only disappointment was the size of the houses, they are too small or my adult cats, they manage to squeeze in but I thought they would be bigger.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Smaller in person
The instructions aren't very good, but have you every found any good instructions? We followed the instructions to the letter. We also had a picture to go by. We knew we had all the right parts in all the right places....but it still didn't look like the picture. After studying it for a few minutes, we realized we just had to take the bottom platform off and pivot all of the pieces in place. When it was all together and secured on the ceiling, we couldn't keep the cats off of it. They are happy cats, so we are happy cat owners.
I found this exact unit for nearly twice the price at another sight. I was sooo excited to find it at Overstock.com. We purchased it in anticipation of two new Tonkinese family members who are soon coming home. Went together very easily and appears to be very sturdy. They will, no doubt, get many years of use from this unit and will be properly "spoiled" right from the start. The flat rate shipping on any order was an absolute bargain since the box weighed 67 pounds !!