Due to an illness my dog became unable to jump into my SUV but still wanted (and needed) to ride in it. While I could lift him, that was only partially effective as he weights 75 pounds. THIS WORKS GREAT! He only needed a little coaxing the first time and he's a pro at it now. I don't believe it mentioned it but there is a right and wrong way to align it but that becomes obvious with use. Just be sure the section with the latch attached to it is the section placed in the car and the other end on the ground. Super item, super price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Totally
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems sturdy and will last
This has worked well for us. Our dog finally is showing signs of arthritis and actually being elderly at 8 1/2 years. She is a relatively small (65 lbs) GSD. The product does the job and is easily manueverable by one person. There are no carry handle/straps, but it really isn't a problem. There are sort of "natural" handholds due to the way the bottom is molded. It IS plastic. But it is heavy plastic. As another person mentioned, there IS an up and down end, which is easy to see if you are looking for it. Otherwise, you might assume both ends are the same--they are not. The only down side is the "grip" surface is rather sandpaperish, and is not very thick/long lasting seeming to me. I will admit, my dog's nails could use a good trim, but she scraped some of the "grip" surface off her first time on the ramp. Part of that was her nervousness with use. After the first couple of uses, she has been fine using it though, and I haven't seen any more damage. She walks up it more slowly instead of run/climbing. Much worth the price ($60 range) especially when you consider the ones in the stores START around $100.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurate, but the dog in the picture is small so it is a "little" misleading regarding width.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good. Sturdy, stable.
My dog hated it! An old black lab...Homer wouldn't use it no matter what- he's kinda going blind which made the climb a leap of faith. My husband and I just pick him up and put him in the back, all one hundred and five pounds...
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. stable