I ordered this cat tree, because I have a cat that weights around 22 lbs. It is large and accommodates him as far as climbing and hitting it at full speed ha!. I was afraid to order it with the faux fur covering not knowing if they would tear it up. To my surprise they only scratch the posts. It is the second one I have bought. Purchased one a little smaller for my kids cats. My huge cat can almost lay in the bottom box, he either has to get shorter or lose some booty. I think for the price you can't go wrong. Need I say more about shipping!
My cats just love this, they were climbing on it as I was putting it together. It was easy to assemble, only took me about 35 minutes. It is sturdy enough for my three 10lb+ cats to play on. I wish I would have gotten them one sooner! Only wish it came in a darker color to mask the cat hair! Overall this is a great buy!
It is a fun product and worth it a lot. It is sturdy and tall enough for the cats to climb. Only down side is that the carpet is a little to thin, but you can clean it with a wet towel or sponge very well. And in case it comes off you can easily recover it with new one. Easy to put together...I did it on my own within 30 min.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good except of the carpet...it is a little to thin....
First off, I think prospective buyers might find it useful to know that the image on the site is somewhat deceiving; the actual product looks similar in shape, in that it has all the same posts and boxes... but the dimensions are different than those of the structure in the image. It's not nearly as wide as it is tall--which I actually find to be a relief, as it doesn't take up as much room as I thought it would. And plus: my cat loves being up high! Most cats do, I suspect. Another thing worth noting is that the boxes/hiding cubbies are not as short and wide as in the picture. This is most easily described by looking at the left side of the bottom box. In the picture, the entry hole/cutaway seems to take roughly one third of the entire width of the side, the "walls" on either side of it making up the other two thirds. This is not the case; the cutaway actually takes up about % of the side wall. Thankfully, though, the box is also taller! That particular side is actually square shaped, not rectangular as shown in the image. Similar differences apply to the other box as well. The structure does wobble if you bump into it or if your cat jumps up onto it or something, but no more than you'd expect--and either way, it only wobbles for maybe a second or so. My cat felt perfectly comfortable jumping all the way up to the highest perch as soon as I'd assembled it, if that tells you anything. Every individual piece/section of this product is stable and secure. My cat doesn't seem to use or play in the "condo" boxes, but as I mentioned she loves higher perches. There's not really enough "floor" space on the levels for her to run around too much, but there's enough that she can walk around on it comfortably. I have only a couple of complaints. One is that she "ladders" are actually a little too short, so instead of resting at a ~45 degree angle like the ones in the image, they're rather steep (more like a 60 degree angle). As a result, my cat doesn't use the ladders (when she tries she slips/slides)... not a big deal, but it would be nice if the ladders at least COULD be used. Why even have them otherwise? My only other complaint is that although there are a lot of posts to scratch in this structure, none are tall/long enough for my cat to be able to use effectively as a scratching post. I ended up just buying a separate post for her, but I had kind of hoped that this "jungle gym" alone would have satisfied that need. IN CONCLUSION: in terms of function and durability, "did I get what I paid for and expected"? Yes! I got exactly what I paid for! Even though a few things about it weren't to my satisfaction, I'm still really glad I bought it. I would recommend this to others, for sure! [If you have a LARGE cat [like 20+lbs], I'd caution you that the two "condos" might be a little too small for him/her to enjoy. My cat is six years old and has a medium build.. she fits in them, but with little to no extra headroom. I suspect that's part of why she doesn't spend time in them.]
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Similar shape [has the same posts, boxes, and layout], but the dimensions of the actual product are different (see below for more detail).
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate--I bought this based on the description moreso than on the image (which didnt quite match up with the dimensions listed, in my opinion).
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's pretty sturdy (more detail below); the covering material is soft, though a little on the thin side.
It's a little flimsy, as the vertical "pipes" are smaller in diameter that I had expected. I put it together anyway. My cats do like it, but it tends to be a little shaky for them. If you have "normal" size cats (mine are ragdolls), then this is most likely a fine product. My cats are just heavier than most.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good
Our grown cats are rescues and just don't really know how to play. I don't think they got much attention. The kitten we got to spice things up around here - LOVES it. He is VERY energetic and has a blast playing on this. Highly recommend. When he gets heavier - I may put another larger board underneath just to make sure its completely stable. This has been a fun addition and allows me to get a little work done while he plays alone.
This is a GREAT cat tree! Well worth the price!! You will pay more in pet stores for a lot smaller trees! I highly reccomend anyone to get this tree!! It only took 1hr too put up but was very easy and directions where easy to understand and it came with the tools you need to put it together!! If your a older person buying it I reccomend you find someone to help you put it up . It is very large and heavy!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it was the same!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quailty! very nice and sturdy!
I am overall pleased, although at times, I notice the whole thing rocking when more than one cat is on it. Might have been better shorter and wider for stability.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it is taller and narrower
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very realistic
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good, although I wonder about the life of the faux fur
Fortunately I read a lot of reviews before purchasing this item so I was prepared for how much smaller it is in real life (especially the top seating levels). It was really easy to assemble, not 100% sturdy - my cats were a little scared to go on it and then they got used to the slight shaking. It's not going to fall over, the balance is okay but it's just a little less than sturdy. The ones in the stores around me are a lot sturdier. It took a month or so before my cats really took advantage of it but now they rest on it and play around it. The mice on elastic are useful, my cats like playing with them and when one of the cats ripped a mouse off I tied a different toy to the elastic so it's still useful. Overall, not a bad deal for the price, considering a similar cat tree at Pet Club and Pet Food Express would cost like $300 (if they even had one this size, it's still bigger than all the cat trees I've seen in stores). Since I got this one for $99 total, I'm pretty happy with it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Smaller than it appears online
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fair
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent
This is a great cat tree. We put it together in 20 min. The only issue was the bracket for the stairs. We bent them by hand to the angle needed and the worked fine. Cats were on it before we could finish assembly!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? just like thebpicture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is good
I love this product!! I purchased a cheaper tower a few months ago and I wish I had known about this and spent a little more money for this one. It was really easy to put together. We took it out of the box looked it over and put it together in an hour and I'm not good at these things. I have one larger cat and I have no worries about it tipping over when he jumps on it. It seems so sturdy and I know it will last a long time. All my cats love it and I love seeing them enjoy it. The material is really soft and nice and the poles are all like scratching posts. They even play with the mice. The only problem is after one day one cat pulled off a mouse but I do not find this a real problem cause the other is still attached and they still play with the one not attached. I would recommend this to anyone.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks a bit bigger in the picture
I needed a new scratching post because the old one was shredded. My cats couldn't wait to get in the box while i was building this. Now that it's assembled they LOVE their cat gym. At lease 1 of the 3 can be found somewhere on the gym at all times.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? What you see is what you get!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Product arrived within a day of promised delivery, although the box appears to have been damaged in shipment and one corner of a perch was broken. Materials are acceptable, although the faux fur is really thin -- would have given it a 5 star rating if it had been thicker or some sort of padding underneath to let the cats grip it with their claws. Holes in the cubby boxes are a good size, especially if you have a "rounder" cat. Like others, the cats seemed more excited to play with the parts than the finished piece, but they're always perched atop when I see them. Directions for putting it together could be better -- get out your magnifying glass and be sure you're using the right posts! Overall, worth the money I paid.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Faux fur really thin, cats can't really dig their claws into it for traction; otherwise, seems sturdy for two adult cats.
I volunteer with Humane Society and always seem to have 10+ cats in my home. With that being said, I have been purchasing cat condos/cat trees for many years from one particular seller/vendor. I decided to do something and I am sorry that I did. This condo is fair at best at an average/fair price. The poles/sisel are not very thick, the top perches are rather small and the entire piece is really not anywhere near the quality of what I have purchased in the past for the same price. Lesson learned: if ain't broke, don't fix it!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Picture appears to be a thick sturdy condo...the actual condo is not.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fair to below average
Its nice. My cats love it. Dont care that it faux fur and not carpet. Holding up very nicely even compared to the carpet one I have. I have 12 cats so its nice to find something that doesnt get shredded to pieces right after I purchase it. They think its great. All the others I've bought are smaller and dont hold up to my heavier cats. I highly recommend this item. I did to a friend and she bought one right after I did.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Shade of color a little lighter but to be expected because of lighting differences.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exactly as it was described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I like the way it goes together and stays that way.
This kitty condo was a great buy! The price is exceptional when compared to what you can get for the same price at Petsmart. It is 6 ft tall with 3 levels that are taller than me and my two cats love it! Of course, one of them had it all checked out before I completed assembly. It was easy to put together by following the steps and pictures. My cats are not heavy but even if the two of them jumped on at the same time they would not be able to budge it or knock it over. (unlike the other puny one I purchased a couple of years ago). I had to reattach the swinging toys twice the first day. I attached some of the toys I already had by using a heavy duty staple gun and string.and tying the string around the tail of one of the mice. That mouse is still there a few days later. The little mice that come with the unit are pretty flimsy but even after the come off, my cats love to bat it around until it disappears under the furniture. I bought a 2nd unit for my daughter and her 2 kitties.