Even with help from 2 pups, the house was easy to assemble with all hardware clearly labeled. The sides and roof were preassembled and went together well, the wood (cedar) is a little thin but with some lining will do well over the winter. The four legged inspectors approve!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wood's a little thin but easy to assemble, everything fit together well
This is a pretty good dog house and does what I need for it to do. I'm just a little bummed that two of the floor panels keep coming out of place and I'll probably have to jimmy rig it to stay in place. If it wasn't for that, I would've given this a much higher rating.
My pooches love it. I like being able to lift open roof to add a blanket. It it perfect for texas not too heavy not to flimsy. This is the second one I have purchased. The first was smaller and I found my alpha dog did not want to share. Now that there is another house he took over that one too. Great value.
We bought two of these dog houses to see our large dogs through the rainy season. The doghouses are on the deck and we do not know yet whether or not the dogs will use them much as the weather has not been bad enough for them to seek shelter. I assume some treats will aid us in getting the pooches to go into the houses. These doghouses were easy to assemble and while they are not heavy-duty, they appear durable and are attractive. The top, which has a nice looking green nonskid surface, lifts up for easy cleaning and removal of any bedding. These doghouses are a good value and therefore recommended.
We have a 80 pound shepard/chow mix that comfortably fits into this dog house. Hinged roof makes cleaning easy and the short, plastic tipped legs keep the floor off the ground. Had rain a week after setting it up and the interior stayed completely dry. Assembly was a snap - had it up in less than an hour. I'd highly recommend purchasing the accessory plastic flap door to keep the heat inside on cold nights. Also purchased a Hound Heater electric doghouse heater for the few night a year we have frost. All things considered, I say it was a real nice dog house for the money.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Right on the money...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed to be built well. Not insulated, but we're in California and we don't get too much extreme cold weather. Sturdy enough to maintain it's shape and rigidity, yet light enough to easily move. Removable floor was a big plus.
The pieces that arrived with almost no padding around a soft wood came dented and in some cases, the wood was split from one end to another. Clearly the company has not thought through the logistics or packaging. I wouldn't buy from them again.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It arrived broken and I got a refund. Overstock was helpful