I use this to keep my large Siberian husky in the kitchen and off of the carpet in the living room. She has never tried to jump on it, I don't know why, so I can't say anything about how strong it is, but it seems strong. I am very satisfied and if I need another one, I will defiantly buy this one again.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
We have a small dog and I felt this gate would be perfect at 32 inches in height. Jack uses the cross bar to pull himself over the gate and he was able to get out of the area we had him in and chew up our carpet. The gate is sturdy and all metal so he couldn't destroy it by chewing on. Jack is 20 pounds and approximately 12 inches above the floor when standing.
This gate is so easy to put up and take down - less than 5 secs. We've used several different types of gates and this on, by far, is the most durable and easiest. We have small dogs but they're jumpers. This gate is the perfect height. It deters them from even attempting to jump.
The directions are very confusing and after reading and rereading, I still had problems making the gate fit an ordinary door opening. Then I couldn't tighten it enough to make it actually stay when the dog jumps on it, down it goes. I decided not to return it since I can pull 2 chairs from the next room against it to keep the dogs in the kitchen, luckily they aren't strong enough to budge the chairs even if both of them are jumping on the gate. But I don't recommend this product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Since I read that 2 weeks ago I have no recollection
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems plenty sturdy and height was important to me so that's perfect