My finicky, amply sized cat climbed in, curled up, closed her eyes. End of story. No other bed has received her attention until now, This is perfect for her. She seems to be cozy in the cool laundry room at night and appears to be protected from cold drafts and scary thoughts.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Right on match!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, solid, sturdy soft
I have a Siamese cat. He is very particular about everything. We live in a warm climate. During the summer the house is HOT. The cat however still likes to bake in the sun that streams through the glass sliding door. He loves to be warm. During the winter, he sleeps on my legs, which makes turning, and therefore sleeping, uncomfortable. I previously bought a hooded bed from a discount store, hoping he would sleep in it instead of on me.It was a waste of money. The cat refused to sleep in it. After reading some of the reviews of the Armarkat 19-inch Pet Bed, I decided to try again. People were saying their finicky cats were drawn to the Amarakat immediately. I was skeptical. Upon receipt of the packaged bed, I openned it up and left it on the dining room table where my cat had set up house in an empty shoebox. He sniffed the bed, examined it, but didn't immediately accept it. I took it off of the table, put it under a chair close to the glass sliding door, and put his furry flat mat ( previously used routinely as his surveillance spot on my crafts table), inside of the Armarkat Bed. That did it. The scent of his mat must have told him this new piece of "furniture" was his. He took to it like a duck to water and is now inside it more than he is out.The bed is soft, and roomy enough for my 12lb cat to move around and curl up. I'm soooo happy with this bed. I'm looking forward to sleeping well throughout the winter.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The product is exactly like the image on the site.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a well made product. It is cloth covered foam. It keeps its shape but is also collapsable.
I wish they made an adult bed in this size! This bed is super soft. It came in a flat envelope so the bed does fold flat -- it does not have a hard shell on top if that matters to anyone. The brown is more of a golden color but it is really pretty. It also has a separate cushion inside that you can take out, also super soft.
My cat, Bubba, immediately took ownership of this very soft, comfortable cat bed! It is lightweight so easy to move around the home (the only way I could get him from one room to another!). I recommend it to anyone with a small dog or any size cat.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent - very soft
I got this for my 8-lb Min-Pin who LOVES to burrow and nest, and it was a great purchase! As other reviewers have mentioned, the top is stiff enough that it can easily be plumped back up if it gets smashed down. Both my 11-lb lazy cat and my Min-Pin love this bed, and either sleep on top of it or inside, depending on the temperature and their mood!
My cat really likes this, at first she laid inside the house then proceeded to lay on top of it. The bed is extremely soft, although the opening is a bit small. My daughter's pug likes the bed also, although she was to large to fit into the opening; so she now sleeps on top of it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same as in picture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good, opening a bit small
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
My cats and dogs both like this. Many of the "hut" type beds have a low opening. This is tall, therefore appeals to my pets more than the smaller openings. I would recommend it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
This pet bed is really well made soft and plushy but unfortunately my kitty has an eating disorder and therefore iis quite large and rather fat.. Only half of her fits in the bed, I guess this is a great excuse to get another smaller kitty. The bed is really well made and fit 4 a king
The bed came in a flat box and was bent out of shape. So I was bent out of shape. Before I could complain, the bends straightened up and looked great. I gave this to a friend's new little Chihuahua named Maxine. She would not get out of it to get her toys. It was pretty funny to see her keep both back feet inside while she tried to back in with a stuffed animal that was longer than she was. It was a big hit with my friend, and Maxine loves it, too. All small dogs need a draft- free WARM bed like this one.
This pet bed is very nice. It is a great price for the quality of this pet accessory. It is very soft and comfy for any cat or dog that is on the smaller side. My 8 pound cat is comfy in it, but I doubt if an animal more than 12 pounds could comfortably fit in this bed.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
I got this for my girl Kitty Pudgy b/c she loves to burrow under the covers. Well when I first got it 3 days ago she went in it once by herself and then came out. I tried putting her in there but she kept leaving sadly. Then my big boy kitty Fluffy found it and he loved it and she saw him in it today and now as we speak she is snuggled in there grooming. Even my 15 pound boy fit in there...although a little snug...but I think he liked it that way. So now I am online to order another one for him! I love the fast shipping of the O...and of course the price! Only slight negative is that I would have liked to see the sides a little sturdier.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pretty good
This bed is great for the larger cats as well as small dogs.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality, the top stays up by itself
I bought this pet bed for our little cat whom we've had for 11 years in the hopes that she would spend a little less time on my daughter's bed and also to have a little space of her own to curl up in when other areas that she usually sleeps in, were being occupied. I was completely hesitant to purchase any pet bed because I wasn't sure that our little picky kittie would take to sleeping anywhere other than her favorite haunts. After we placed her in it a couple of times to let her know that it was hers, she has since taken to curling up quite happily and comfortably whenever the mood strikes her! I am very happy with this product. I think it's designed for a small pet to feel safe and comfortable!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The product is exactly as described and pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product is top notch!
My cat absolutely loves this bed! I have two kittys and they fought over it until Scuddles turned out to be the winner! Now I need to order another so that Buttercup can cozy up in it also. I wish they made one big enough for two to fit in together.
This little house is great. My cats love it, although one seems to have decided it is his alone. A great place to launch sneak attacks from and a lovely little nook to burrow into. I may have to get another one soon. It's machine washable--a big plus!
I like the fabric and softness of the bed but it needs some type of reinforcemnet because it collapses easily on the dome part. I am always lifting it and shaping the rounded dome. My kitties get stuck inside when it collapses and need to crawl out. Great idea but needs to be engineered differently.
Sadly, my cat passed away a few days back and now I don't have a use for it. I guess I can give it to my Shih Tzu to use in the winter if he's willing. I bought this bed for my cat and at first she didn't enters it because it was something new and still wary of. She didn't enter it right away as there was a factory smell to it so it took a few days to air it out and for her to enter the bed house. Even so she still doesn't use it much because it is summer and she rather sleep on the floor where it's cold and the bed house is a bit warm for her to use at the moment. The removable pillow is convenient but I wish it would have a removable cover to make it easier to wash instead of just throwing the entire pillow in the washer. I guess it would be fine and I can just make a pillow cover for it. Overall, it is a comfortable bed house and the shipping was fast too.
I have a 5 lb. Yorkie that loves this. I put it up on my desk and she gets in and assists me with my work, or at least that is her story. She has plenty of room in it, even to take a small toy in with her. I think she likes the enclosed feeling. For small animals it is great.