I was initially very disappointed in this product because the hood part has no structure and does not stay up as the picture shows. I bought it specifically for one of my cats who enjoys the "caves" I make for her out of blankets but is not a burrower. I decided to try modifying it using some stiff plastic tubing that was leftover from another project. This tubing is labeled SDR9 PEX 3006 (O.D. is approx 3/8") purchased from a home improvement store in the plumbing/pipe area. I ripped the seams about 1/2" where the beige velour channel of the hood front meets the bed on both sides, then fed a 32" piece of the tube through the channel. Now it stays up perfectly and two of my cats will fight over who gets to sleep in it! The dip in the front is perfect for paws to hang out of. There's a separate velour/canvas pillow that makes the bed extra soft and cozy. A completely unexpected benefit is the velour catching tons of loose cat fur . I didn't bother to sew up the openings, so the tube can be pulled out when the bed needs washing. By accident my second Armarkat purchase was the Slipper-shaped Mocha Pet Bed (also available here on Overstock), but neither cat is interested in it. So, I'm buying another one 18" Burgundy & Beige Pet Bed today to keep both cats happy.
These are nicely made but the tops are too collapsible. My small dogs ended up laying on the top of the beds unless I opened it up for them. I ended up getting plastic lawn edging and inserting it into the opening for support. Now they work fine and my dogs enjoy them.
My chihuahuas love this bed. I have four of them, ranging from 4lbs - 10lbs. They cuddle and share this bed. I recommend it more than the slipper bed. The opening is the perfect size for them. If you have a pet that likes to burrow, they will love the bed. Good quality, soft durable fabric, and pleasant color. Worth the purchase!
Quality is very good. I bought my two Yorkies these beds for Christmas. If you have a small dog who gets cold easily, this is a great bed for them. I couldn't keep the top up so I bought some flexible wire rod and cut it to measure then put those plastic end wire protectors from closet systems on them. Problem solved. They love their new beds.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The top kept falling down until I put some wire to hold it up.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good product. Good quality except for the top coming down.
My beatiful MeMe loves her new bed and uses it two ways - sometimes she sleeps on top, and sometimes inside. She's a happy kitty!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lovely quality
This is a great kitty bed! It is attractive enough to put anywhere in the house, & the cats love it, both for its soft, fleecy comfort & design. I bought 3 (one for each cat), & they all went into them immediately. The top or hood of this pet bed is especially appealing to cats. Also, 2 of my 3 guys are large, yet these beds accommodated them with ease. A quality product!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The cat bed was exactly as pictured.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent quality.
Two of our three cats love it. They take turns sleeping in it. One sleeps the other one glare at the one sleeping. That's the best endorsement of a product!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
I have for ungrateful cats, who are not wild about each other's company, and don't like to share their sleeping areas with their "roommates." I can never have too many beds & loungers for these fools, and I'm very fond of the Amarkat products, which is why I ordered this. Very popular with my feline pals, there are constant arguments about who gets to use it next. Odder still: I found two cats in one bed the other day, all snuggled up & happy. The bed is easy to clean as well, and travels well. The favourite place for it right now is on top of a heating vent in the laundry room. Ah, bliss. Highly recommended by my cats (and me)!
When I opened the package I realized how true the reviews are regarding the top that collapses. But, I looked inside the bed and felt the very plush material inside. I wanted to have one to crawl into! Plush! I had it sitting up like a grocery bag and my cat got in it easily and has had many naps in it. Unless you put some wire or tubing around the front edge of the roof, it will never look like it does in the photo.
My cat hated this this. He was just a kitten and still wanted nothing to do with it. The top piece wouldnt stay up like it would in the picture. It is really soft though. Kinda small. He literally peed on it, and we just threw it out. Waste of money.
There is a reason they used a stuff cat in the photo...they probably couldn't find a cat that was willing to sit inside this thing for more than a minute. Very flimsy...the top has no support that it just falls over. The cat went in and the top fell down on it and it flew out never to take a step in again...I wanted a place for my cat to call her own and hide, but this was not the right product to buy. The inside is very soft as well as the lining seems very warm. The product would be a lot better if the top cover would stay in place and not collapse on the poor animal scaring them off. What's not shown in the picture is that the beige edging is the only way to get this cover to stay up and if that...it only works for so long before it flops back down.
It's much smaller than I expected it to be. I have a small dog, and she is very cold natured, so I bought this bed hoping it would keep her warm at night. She won't even try to get in it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it looks identical.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I guess it was pretty accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is fine.
My cat loves her new bed. The cover makes it so cozy. I have not washed it yet but suspect it will wash up fine.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was just as the product arrived
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made
PUPPY LOVES THE BED. SHE OFTEN HIDE HER SOFT TOYS UNDER THE TENT PART & SLEEPS ON TOP OF IT ALL. SHE ALSO LIKE TO DIG & ROOT UNDER THE TENT PART OF THE BED.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? GOOD
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. GOOD