I installed the rack over a standard sized closet door; however, it was exactly the same size as the door and kept falling off. After a while, I apparently closed the door and one size of the frame snapped which made it unable to hang on the door. I had to discard it. The rack should be a little narrower than a standard sized door.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very snug fit for standard sized door
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The frame was excellent; however, the hooks that hang over the door come off the top of the door because it's (the frame) is the exact same size as the standard door. It eventually broke and I threw it out.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? The hooks that fit over the door and hold the frame were fine; however, the frame snapped and was no longer able to support one of the hooks.
This item was not the size I had expected...It was too large for my doors. I will have to place it on the wall.
- How accurate was the sizing? I was disappointed that my doors are too narrow to hang it!! I will have to put it on a wall.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes, except parts missing, which were replaced by manufacturer/distributor.
As I opened the package, I thought Oh here we go with all these parts...what tools will I need? But surprisingly no tools needed. Everything was there; it all snapped together! I had to move it from door to door till I found the right one and it wasn't flimsy. It has to go on the side of the door that doesn't go through the door jam on the top or the shoes on the top rack get in the way and when you open the door there has to be plenty of room away from the wall. Plenty sturdy for 12 pair mens shoes and I put belts on the hooks, although they are too long. GREAT THING about it is it's all there in the open and organized AND stored
- How accurate was the sizing? Fit the door perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects
This product appeared nice. However, you must be mindful of the amount of shoes you put on it because it cannot hold too much weight.
- How accurate was the sizing? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not great for lots of shoes
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I would not have bought it if I knew it did not go inside of the closet. Who would want that and I am sick of things made in other countries and not US.
- How accurate was the sizing? I haven't seen it as the stairsare too hard right now
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok, but it does not go inside of closet so I would not like it upstairs
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? did not have directions
Rack doesn't use conventional assembly methods. Instructions are inadequate. Pieces are not robust. Sorry I bought this but the price for return shipping is too high to make it worth my while.
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. No way to tell. It is not yet assembled. The parts are not intuitive.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? N/A
It didn't hang on the doors in my home as easy as I thought it would. It hung in my kid's room but they like to swing the door all the way open. The rack ended up getting a pretty good pounding against the wall. I just took it off before the pieces started breaking off. Hope I find a better place for it when I move.
I received this product with several pieces broken. I was fully aware that I could return it for another but upon looking at the product I thought why bother. The pieces of plastic crumbled into many pieces easily and I would have been surprised if I did order this again it would arrive unbroken. Also I could not see this having a very long life span if it were not broken. The plastic was so fragile and not sturdy enough to hold any weight.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no
Poorly designed and very cheap looking. When hanging the door you have no access to the door handle! You would think if a customer isn't satisfied with an item you could return it and be reimbursed for the shipping! Oh no, they want to charge another $* to return the piece of crap. I have been an overstock customer for years now; this could be my last purchase!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap
I thoroughly enjoy this product. It works well for my size 12 shoes and looks very nice. Easy and quick assembly.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good quality, sturdy enough to hold my size 12 shoes
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
This product was easy to put togeather, but didnt give any options for adjustments. I would have liked to been able to adjust the height of the rows so the shoes didnt rub against eachother. It did look as pictured, shipped fast. Not amazing quality, and not an option for big feet/shoes. It holds my size 6 womens OK but my bf's shoes wont even fit two pairs per row.
This is the greatest shoe rack I have ever owned. It was a breeze to put together, no tools required. It is very sturdy! I can even store knee high boots on it. It is rather bulky but I guess that is the trade off for the other key qualities. I only have one door wide enough to accommodate the rack or I would order more! Great service from Overstock as usual!
I love this shoe rack. My kids can now find both their shoes! It was easy to assemble and even though it is light weight of good quality. Make sure you check the measurements with the door you need it for since it requires some depth clearance. No drilling needed. Just perfect!