I gave this only 2 stars, not because of the quality of the bookcase, which is fine. I was disappointed with the color. It's not medium cherry, it's dark cherry. I was trying to match something specific. But my biggest problem was with the shipper that the manufacturer used. First, my order was shipped to and delivered in Vermont (I'm in PA), and it was days before anybody could figure out what happened. Then, they wanted to ship me a "replacement" and my order was shipped partially by fedex (worked well) and partially by a trucker (I bought 3 bookcases) who left my two boxes on the sidewalk out front. The tracking was impossible. And now that the color isn't right, I can't bear to go through the return hassles, so I'm giving them to somebody else. Bottom line, you can deal with a hassle if you get what you want in the end. I didn't, so I'm disappointed.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality of the product is fine.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
The book shelf was easy to assemble; my 12 year old grandson assembled with no trouble at all. The color was perfect and it fits in perfectly with my room. The shelf is nice and solid, strong; just what I was looking for!
- How accurate was the sizing? the size was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the color was"spot on" and the sheolf is very solid
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no defects noted
The unit I received was obviously someone else's return item. It was very badly repackaged. That would not be a problem except that it was missing two pieces of hardware necessary for assembly. This was my first purchase from the "O" and probably my last.
I loved the bookcases at first sight. They were advertised, and fit, the dimensions I needed. The color blended perfectly with my other various wood furnishings. The directions for assembly were clear and the packets with various parts were properly filled on two of the three bookcases. The only problem was wood splitting because the pre-drilled holes were done incorrectly on the "toe board." The manufacturer's representative sent a replacement bookcase in record time. He also sent more screw covers that were needed in the one packet that came up short. I am using the "office" type bookcases in the living room with furniture of many ages and designs. They have already received many compliments. I'd buy more in a minute.
- Did the product fit true to size? perfectly
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? The one problem: as an "assembly-required" some of the pre-drilled holes split when the screws were added.