QUALITY (Average): The organizer, being nearly the sole contender in this category of briefcase/messenger bag organizers, benefits from have few points of comparison. This makes me willing to sew a stitching error. The zipper also doesn't instill the highest levels of confidence, and seems flimsy. The zipper is bent, but I can't tell if that is by design or defect. It works, so I'm not splitting hairs right now. FUNCTION (Good-Great): What the description doesn't really tell you is that between the front 8 mini pockets and back large open slot pocket is the zippered pocket in the middle. This zippered pocket also comes with a thick plastic divider which serves the dual purpose of providing much-needed rigidity and being a divider between papers. Magazines fit easily in the back large open slot pocket, holding 2-3 magazines with ease. The front pockets at the top are deeper/taller than the bottom ones, which have limited uses. SUMMARY (Good): In the end, the organizer has taken all the loose items out of the loose free-roaming large main pocket of my messenger bag and made them both easy to find and retrieve. The only think keeping it from a maximum score it the stitching quality. If you're not good with a needle and thread, you might want to be ready to have to return one or more of these before you get a perfect one.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Images are pretty accurate, but only represent side views.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No. There was a stitch that was coming out on the fabric trim over one of the front pockets. I repaired it myself rather than return it to be added to a landfill.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality it OK, but nothing to write home about.
Works pretty good in a briefcase but once its full its hard to get things in and out - you can't put too much in it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
Please do not buy this product unless you can be assured that yours will not be packed like mine. The organizer is basically 4 sheets of nylon mesh sewn together with a zipper and binding; it is 14 1/2" long x 10" wide x 1/4" thick. However, instead of mailing it in a large envelope, which is all it needs, the manufacturer packed it in a 20" x 14" x 7" cardboard box FULL OF STYROFOAM PEANUTS! (hate those things! not only awkward to dig through, but, more importantly, petroleum based and non-biodegradable!) So, my appeal is that you not buy this product unless the manufacturer can assure you that it will come to you in a small, earth-friendly package/envelope. (By the way, I think the organizer itself is only mediocre in workmanship and functionality; the pockets are very flat and won't hold a lot and the small ones are especially hard to get things out of.)
- How accurate was the sizing? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes