The metal frame is ok. The "wood" shelves are very poor quality. Out of the two units I bought (each with four shelves) only one shelf fit properly. The shelving is made out of a very cheap pressed wood. All but one cracked as I put it in place. Too heavy and difficult to return unfortunately.
This set of shelves was to help be a pantry in our small cabin. The difficult part was the lack of directions. Both my husband and I have a college degree, but it took us about an hour and a half to put together shelves that should have taken 30 min. We put the bottom one in upside down and had to redo. Then, the joiner small bar was not clearly marked. After several arguments and a few choice word for the tiny printed directions that were very muddy, we finally got it together. I wouldn'tt recommend it unless you have tons of patience. The price is good, and now that it is together, I like it a lot...
- How accurate was the sizing? Correct sizing
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shelves are sturdy
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes, and free of good directions to boot
iT WAS THE PERFECT ANSWER FOR STORING TOWELS AND SHEETS. iT WAS PUT IN AN AREA THAT IS NOT VISIBLE WHE ENTERING ROOM, SO THE FACT THAT THE SHELVES WERE UNFINISHED WAS NOT AN ISSUE. iT HOLDS EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED. iT TOOK ABOUT 30 MINUTES FOR MY HUSBAND TO COMPLETELY PUT IT TOGETHER AND IT FIT EXACTLY IN THE AREA INTENDEDN
- How accurate was the sizing? PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. GOOD
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? ONE CHIP ON PARTICLE BOARD SHELF, BUT WAS ABLE TO PUT IN BACK WHERE IT IS UNSEEN
I am very happy with this shelving unit. I needed a shelf that fit within a certain space and many don't come this narrow or are cheap plastic. So I was excited to find this unit. My only complaint is that the directions do not clearly show how the connectors should be placed on the upright supports to create the vertical shelf. They did not seem to fit tightly so I was a little concerned I was not getting them on right. But, once all was assembled I am very happy with the product and would buy again if needing the same space solution.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice looking and stout.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Packaged very well. Easy to put together with a rubber mallet. Directions were a little sketchy, but the unit was easy to assemble. The shelves are heavy, and look like they hold plenty of weight. The finish on the metal is substantial and will hold up to any indoor conditions. Fits well inside my closet and makes a great place to store extra appliances and kitchen pots and pans. Exactly what I was looking for and a great price.
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
- How is the quality of the product? great
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I think this is a very pretty industrial shelving unit. Great size for lots of storage while still being compact. Super easy to put together. Very heavy though. Great, great quality. Would recommend to anyone. I actually have this in my bedroom, so it's not just your standard garage shelving unit, though it could be.
I didn't find the storage cabinet as easy to put together as I thought it would be. The corners of the particle board shelves were chewed up, maybe during packing? It seems to be holding up okay.
- How accurate was the sizing? It was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just average
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Particle board sections were "chewed up"