So, I purchased this replacement cartridge. I still had one with ink and it finally ran out. The rep said it was past the time of exchanges or refunds. Not sure how most people stock cartridges but I typically have one on hand when I run out. Apparently I didn't try it right away and now I'm stuck with a product I can't use. Never going to buy ink from Overstock.com again.
- How accurate was the sizing? Size was fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I inserted it and my printer said item was "expired" and "defective".
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? NO! Didn't work.
I bought these to check if remanufactured cartridges worked as well as the expensive new ones. Fortunately they do. I don't see any loss of quality in color printing nor b/w. I must say I only tested one print of each, so I don't know the long term quality of the cartridges. If they work as well as they seem to right now, I will no longer be spending big bucks on HP original cartridges. Please note (and this is indicated on the box too) that when you insert this cartridge, there will be a msg that this is refurbished and not original, there will also be a message that cartridge is not full but click OK or "Ignore" on your printer. Then the printer just accepts it without any further error messages. I use these on HP 8500A all in one printer. The cartridges are full but machine thinks otherwise. So my only concern now is if I should rely on HP software that checks ink levels. It may say it's low right now even though it's full but when it is actually low, I wouldn't know! Small issue compared to tons of money saved.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes till now
This is a great deal for the price. I purchased this ink cartridge for work and mainly use it to print word and excel documents along with some PDF files here and there. It began working just fine out of the box to my relief since my printer at home does not seem to like anything other than original HP ink. So far so good, but I really want to see how much longer this one last compared to the smaller original ink.
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the product has great quality for a remanufactured
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
What a HUGE BARGAIN!! I saved about $50 on this cartridge versus purchasing an HP cartridge for my HP Officejet Pro 8500. The printing is identical to the HP cartridge. I highly recommend this product. Don't waste your money on the over-priced HP products!!