The mat seems to be of good quality and I hope it lasts for a long time. It came in a box where it was rolled up and the trick was getting it to lie flat on the floor when I put it down. A few heavy things on top of it helped and after a couple of days, it relaxed and became flat on its own.
- How accurate was the sizing? it was exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is very sturdy and it makes it easy to roll my chair closer to the desk
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
Got this for my son's room. Unrolled and put some books on it to flatten it for a few days and it has laid flat and performed well ever since. Smell went away quickly...that plastic smell is to be expected with an item like this I think.
I'm using this mat in our office that has hardwood floors, it works great. There is a "skunk" smell that wears off after a couple of weeks.
- How accurate was the sizing? Wish it was a tad bigger
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very durable
As far as protecting my hardwood floors, I suppose it does the job, but it slides around so easily that I have to be very careful when getting in and out of my chair or if I'm walking around my desk and I step on the mat. I'm not sure why they didn't design it with some sort of rubber grip pads on the bottom considering that it is designed to go on top of a hard floor. Carpet chair mats have spikes on the bottom to prevent sliding but this mat has nothing to provide the same function. Overall pretty disappointing, hopefully I can find some clear rubber grippy pads to put underneath that aren't too thick. Definitely would not recommend.