The cartridge was in good shape when it arrived and fit right into the machine. I haven't had any problems with it since and have run a couple of test faxes to make sure that I could send and receive things.
- How accurate was the sizing? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Appears to be
I ordered a replacement TN-540 for my Brother printer. Through no fault of Overstock or the manufacturer, the first cartridge arrived damaged. Looked like it had been dropped on its corner. No biggie, OS.com customer support was OUTSTANDING and helped get a replacement to me asap. The new cartridge arrived and on initial inspection seemed to be in good shape. When I installed the cartridge and printed a test page, horrible grinding sounds came from the printer. On close investigation, I determined the drive gear on the toner cartridge was slipping intermittently and causing printing issues and the noise. I reopened my support ticket with overstock.com customer support to resolve the issue... again... There is something to be said for buying factory parts. They may cost more, but the hassle is sure less. :/ To end on a positive note, I want to stress how helpful overstock's people have been. I will continue to do business with them, just maybe not toner cartridges... :P
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor to fair
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No