I was assured by customer service that the seat depth is 20 inches. That's why I purchased this chair. I need a deep seat to support an injured knee. I have a well equipped workshop with large calipers that I used to measure the seat I received. The width, not the depth is 20 inches. I measured 17 inches for the depth. It's very probable that the seat you received has different dimensions. Inexpensive furniture like this chair, are not held to the manufacturers specifications. I feel like I was cheated. The customer service representative made a simple mistake. He provided the dimension for the width, not the depth. This measuring error will cost me $@#$%^ when I return the chair. That's what Overstock will deduct from my refund. I really wanted a chair that would support my knee. I am very disappointed. If the seat depth actually was 20 inches, I would probably give this chair five stars instead of one. I asked before I ordered this chair. I had no reason not to believe the customer service representative. I'm asking Overstock to give me a full refund on this chair.
This is an excellent desk chair. I am not too good at puting furniture together but this chair was very simple. I am enjoying the extra padded seats and back. It is very comfortable and adjusts like a very expensive chair. I can highly recommend this chair.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent quality. Extra padding in both the seat and back
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
I ordered this chair to go with a new desk that I had recently purchased. Delivery was prompt, assembly super-easy, and it's very comfortable. The seat is a bit larger than those you usually find on an office chair, which I find to be a plus. Don't hesitate to buy this item!
This is a very nice chair. I have bought chairs costing twice this much and they were garbage. The last chair I bought was from Costco and it was junk. The seat wobbled all over the place. It was typical of the discontinued junk Costco sells now. This chair is made intelligently so that it won't/can't wobble. The pneumatic center piece fits into two portions on the base of the seat making it very secure. Because of this design it is not possible for the seat to wobble. I have been sitting on it now for about an hour and it is very comfortable. It was very easy to put together and I am thinking about ordering a second one for my other work area. The pain in my back is going away while I am sitting on this chair! If that isn't enough of a reason to buy one I don't know what is. I very rarely leave reviews but this has been such a pleasant purchase and a very nice chair I had to let everyone else know. If things change I'll update this but I am very pleased right now.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It looks to be real good quality. but I have only had it for less than an hour!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes.
I love that this chair is wipe-able. It's a huge step up from the cheap-o task chairs I've owned in the past. The foam is firm and seems high quality. I find the backrest to be stiff and a little too close to the back edge of the seat, but my daughter- who's chair it is- likes it. The only complaint I have is that the knob that adjusts the backrest, was crushed and bent when we opened the box. I'm hoping to get a new one from the company. In the meantime, I installed it using pliers. ;) I use it with Boss Stationary Glides, so as to avoid using a plastic chair mat in my bedroom.
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great- except for a cracked knob
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? no
I bought this for my daughter who has recently gone back to college for graduate school. She needed a comfortable chair to sit in while studying. This chair is sturdy, comfortable and attractive. It also doesn't take up too much room in her small apartment.
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? good
The chair is a decent chair good for a 5 years of office use, it is not a chair you lounge in, but one that you use for your computer work.
- How accurate was the sizing? The chair sizing was accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is average.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects, concerns about staples falling out underneath holding the fabric.
I should have paid more attention to the "mid-back" label on this chair - would have liked something with more lumbar support. Quality is basically okay, but the plastic sleeve that covers the connection between the seat and the back of the chair is pretty cheesy, and crunched out of shape along one side as I was putting it together. Lesson: if I want a really comfortable cushioned office chair, I need to spend more money on it. I wouldn't get this one again.
Chair went together very easily, however after reading all the reviews I expected the comfort levle to be much higher. I find this chair to be uncomfortable after long hours of sitting. I'm sure its fine for occassional use, but not for a 9 - 5 job.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I bought this chair for myself for the operating room(I'm an anesthesiologist) and it works out great. It is easy to roll, comfortable but not bulky. I like the fact that the nurses can easily spray down and wipe the seating surfaces so it stays germ free. For the simplicity of the design though, it probably could have been priced lower.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes