Given the current reviews I would have been dissuaded from buying - but luckily there weren't reviews yet when I purchased! No, its not a school book bag or backpacking pack but suits its intended use perfectly. Very lightweight (just a few ounces,) packs into its own pocket (squishes paperback sized,) convertible straps can be used as handles or - better yet - adjustable backpack straps, two outside zippered pockets keep things securely handy, two tall elastized water bottle pockets (tall = keep the bottle from falling out when you bend over, unlike bags with shorter bottle pockets,) holds a little (conforms to contents' volume) or a lot (a day's worth of gear including jacket and extra clothes,) and carries so light and easy I've forgotten I'm wearing it on my back. I've used it primarily for international travels... it packs small inside my regular backpack or suitcase then comes out to be my daypack. I've overstuffed it and thrown it around yet its holding up without problem... even after washing!
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing but can be stuffed beyond stated inches
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A+
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects
this is a Patagonia knock-off. It's fine if you're looking for a light backpack, daypack, but it's a puzzle getting it back into its little pocket.
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing is fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it's okay
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
This bag needs D-rings on the top to attach a shoulder strap to be just a little better. But it's fine as a light, packable extra bag to bring with that has a backpack feature for when you need both hands. I'll take it to a place that repairs luggage to see if I can get the D-rings installed for less than the cost of the bag.
- How accurate was the sizing? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good - lightweight, packable and good pockets/zippers
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Pros: compact & flexible with good amount of space, works like a backpack Cons: straps become a bit harsh on the shoulders when the bag is heavy, kinda pricey. Wished there was more inside compartments for safe traveling. I would recommend this products if they know the downside.