This briefcase perfectly meets my needs. It has a padded case for my laptop and plenty of space for my books and binders. I was killing my back with backpacks, so this is great. It has a really cute design on the outside and inside. I like all the pockets to put pens and other odds and ends for school. This will also be a great carryover to use for traveling. The space I currently use for binders, can easily be used to store clothing. All in all, this was a great purchase and I recommend it highly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far so good. I have had Sherpani bags in the past and have always found the quality to be excellent.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes, no deficits of any kind
I am having to return this due to improper description - this is NOT a rolling briefcase. It's a LOT bigger (height and depth) than a rolling briefcase, and contains no padded compartment for a laptop. The main/bottom compartment is one big open space with a little strap to tie clothes down.... Honestly this bag doesn't make any sense. The huge main compartment with no dividers is obviously for clothes, the outside pocket where computer gear should go has a little sleeve but no protection for your computer rendering is useless. Also it has floral zipper pulls all over which due not spell "take me seriously" Returning!
- How accurate was the sizing? Inaccurate, this is more like a small suitcase
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. There is no padding for a laptop at all, making it not a rolling briefcase, quality seems fine
I purchased this product to use as a briefcase - I am in graduate school and need to carry several heavy textbooks and a laptop to and from school on public transport. My books and binders fit snugly in the back compartment, my laptop and small purse in the front. I can access my transit pass and keys easily from the front zipper pocket. The wheels are quiet and the case is stable even over rough and uneven pavement - no tipping problems so far. It stands up without falling over even when partially unzipped if only my books are in the back compartment (wouldn't try this w/a laptop in the front). My only improvement would be to suggest that the velcro strap that is supposed to hold the laptop in place be longer and adjustable - my computer is too wide to fit in lengthwise, I have to stand it on end to fit in the pocket. The handle collapses easily for when I need to carry the case up and down stairs and reopens w/o catching. Very happy with this purchase.
- How accurate was the sizing? very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
Incorrect dimensions in the description (Interior: 14 x 20 x 12 inches, Exterior: 16 x 21 x 13 inches, 7 lbs.). Those measurements are not for this bag. This bag is squareish, about 16 x 16 x 9. The hang-tag says it's 5.5 lbs. It is quite capacious, howeverwide and deep rather than tall. The tag calls it an underseat bag. I'm skeptical about whether it would fit well under many seats in coach/economy class. The red color is nice, not too bright. The large interior has solid off-white lining (no company logo printed all over it). No pockets in that section. The full-height front compartment has divisions inside it.You could put a laptop either in the padded section in back or behind one of two thin dividers in the front. On the outside front of the bag is one small pocket with a visible zipper. I like that the main section opens from above rather than from the sideso you don't have to lay the bag down on its back in order to open the main compartment. Seems lovely, sturdy, functional, well-designed. Only 4 stars because of the misinformation in the description.
- How accurate was the sizing? Not accurate for length/height, depth, or weight. (Width is correct)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent as far as I can tell without having used it yet
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes