The Johnston & Murphy 'Dividends' Deluxe Leather Expandable Briefcase is a terrific appearing case. Plenty of space and compartments for i phone, my i pad files, keys and pens and pencils. Easy to carry by hand or by shoulder strap. My thanks go to Johnson and Murphy. for a great well built briefcase.
- How accurate was the sizing? 100% Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. More than expected when I opened the mailing carton. Well packed and it was what I've been looking for
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? 100% free of any defects
"Fantastic! The leather is A+ quality with a soft feel. The texture is natural with slight wrinkles, but not with chicken-skin bumps. The lining is extremely durable ballistic nylon, not satin that shreds. The zippers are tough without being toothy, so they hold it closed well, wont pop open, and wont cross-jam, so a "self healing" zipper is not necessary. The bag is the perfect size for everyday use, yet expands 2" in the two-file pocket to stuff lots more in, if needed. The laptop pocket holds my 16" laptop perfectly. There are two addl pockets by the laptop, one for my iPad and another for accessories (or a second iPad?!), and still there is more room for other parts and pieces. The bag stands on its own without falling over on its rubber feet, due to the use of firm leather and tight construction. The front zipper pocket is well laid out, with an interior zip pocket for Passport, medicines, etc. The pull loops raise your phone up and out of the holsters, ingenious! Holster is big enough for my Samsung Galaxy S-III in a toughcase, which is larger than a iPhone. Front outside pocket is perfect for boarding pass or phone when you're on the go. Rear has secondary pocket so you can still use it when mounted on a rolling bag, has magnets to keep it closed. The handles are very firm, not flimsy like others. I am a very finicky shopper. I shopped five weeks and looked at 100s before selecting this bag. It receives many compliments for its executive styling. I'm completely satisfied."
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. AAA++
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects
This bag is fantastic. I did a lot of research on leather briefcases before I purchased this one because I plan to keep it for a long time and want one that meets my needs and will last. I decided on this bag because it had ample room no matter what I may need it for. While it may be a little big in some instances, I would much rather have the room and not use it instead of needing more room and not having it. After I decided on this one I could not get myself to spend $XXX (retail price) on the bag. I found it on Overstock for less than $XXX, and it is brand new, never opened. Couldn't be happier and would recommend to anyone.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate, Just like what's listed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality, as with all Johnston & Murphy products
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Luxurious, very well constructed briefcase which is serious enough to be used by people in high finance and business, as well as "cool" enough to be used by people in more creative media/high tech industries. The briefcase is large and can easily carry laptop/ipad as well as several files, etc. It is light and very easy to carry, either by handles or strap. Masculine enough for men, but attractive enough for women (I got it for my husband, but he carries so little in his briefcase that I am now using it). Looks very expensive.
- How accurate was the sizing? Can't recall the advertised sizing, but this is a large briefcase.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very high end, not just in appearance (which is exceptionally attractive) but in construction.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes - perfect.