Great Concept. Poor Designing. Thought this would b a great duffel. Purchased 4 my husband who is a 90% travel tech & req'd to take tools. The bag should have been ideal b/c of the separate compartment 4 his tools. Problem w/this duffel is when you fill that separate compartment-even w/anything light like clothes, it can't support the weight & toppels over b/c it can no longer stand on it's own. Fine if you don't have to stand it up, but bad if you need to do so, i.e. airports, etc.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great Idea, Poor Design.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
Planning to use this weekend, so far I am very impressed with the quaulity of the bag. I am overwhelmed with the amount of room and pockets the bag offers. I had a similar bag prior but this one is better. Look the lightness of the bag and the color. Highly recommend at this time.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes,
- How is the quality of the product? Seems very durable and well made
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes, so far I haven't noticed anything defective on the bag.
I ordered this bag to replace an inexpensive drop-bottom rolling duffel that I had had for 6 years. I really wanted another drop-bottom duffel, because I like the versatility of a "hybrid" bag - part suitcase, part rolling duffel. The molded bottom is sturdy, but it does not seem to weigh any more than the all-cloth rolling duffel I am replacing. The 1680 denier nylon feels very sturdy. All the zippers are heavy duty, and they easily zipped open and closed. There is a shoe pocket on the "top" of the bag (while it's on the ground) that I like the design of much better than some others I've seen, where the shoe compartment cuts the top compartment basically in half. This one does not. I also like the design of the top/bottom split. when you open the drop bottom, the "top" of that compartment has a zippered mesh pocket, but you also have the option of unzipping the separating panel to provide one cavernous pocket, making this very versatile. The wheels are pretty big, and they roll smoothly on my floor. The telescoping arm could come up a little higher, but I had no problem pulling it. I am 5"9; people over 6 ft might find pulling it behind them a little difficult. The pocket on the "wheel" end, which would be the bottom while sitting up, has a panel with feet on it, clearly designed to make it stand up easier. I cannot comment on how well it stands up yet. I used my other bag 1-2 times a month for the last 5 years, for both road trips and airline travel. I'm expecting this one to have a much longer life, based on the quality of the build. I am really looking forward to flying with this bag this week. It will be checked through, and will have had a pretty good test run by the time I get off my second plane and get it from baggage claim.
- Did the product fit true to size? It appears to be the size stated.
- How is the quality of the product? My initial impression is that the product appears to be very high quality. I have not yet used it.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Upon first inspection, the product appeared to be free of manufacturer defects