I was looking for lightweight luggage and thought I found it. When reading the answer to the question, how much does the luggage weigh and saw 3 lbs., I clicked buy immediately. Unfortunately, the weight was off by 10 lbs. I received the luggage and thought wow that's heavy when bringing the box in. I opened the box and hefted (yes hefted) the luggage up. I weighed myself, weighed myself with the luggage and found out that it was really 13 lbs. In this day and age when airlines limit us to 50 lbs., luggage that weighs 13 lbs. is way (no pun intended) too heavy.
- How accurate was the sizing? Not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No
This case survived its first flight. It did get dirty and scratched, but most of the dirt was wiped off easily, and the gray scratches don't bother me much. It came with a black "protective" nylon bag, but It was of no use to me - "babying" the suitcase is not my thing. I bought white, so it would stand out, not to cover it in black. The plastic is somewhat soft and flexible comparing to the regular, not light, version of Delsey hardshell suitcases. One thing I did not pay attention to prior to buying - it has a zipper, not the "push to open" locks, which was a little annoying, but not a deal breaker. The 4 double wheels provide great maneuverability, better than usual "4 single wheels" spinners.
- How accurate was the sizing? the size is true 29', but the weight feels more than 3 lbs. About 5-6l lbs.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The plastic is somewhat soft and flexible comparing to the regular, not the light, hard suitcases of Delsey, does not feel very sturdy.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes