I bought this pack to take to Costa Rica. After one day, the zipper on the bottom right broke. When I got back I contacted Overstock, who sent me to the manufacturer, CalPak.
CalPak asked for photos (about 5+) which I sent. They then proceeded to tell me I had to send so much money + shipping costs to get a new bag.
WAY TOO MUCH hassle.
I declined and told them they should send it free of charge as their product was defective. I never heard from them again.
Doesn't anyone stand behind their product?
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No
I've been buying CalPak from overstock for the last couple years since Overstock has the best deal. Features of this backpack:
(1) the airflow foam cushion on the back panel is really comfy yet airy;
(2) a nice cross bridge between the two straps;
(3) bottle holder has an additional click strap that keeps it from falling out;
(4) two small zipper pockets at sides for holding ID, bus pass, cell phone, keys etc.
(5) zippers are really high quality. For example, zipper tags are made of heavy duty steel. Zippers are sewed with reinforced seam.
One quirky feature of this bag is that the top opening is slanted. First it makes the bag look smaller than its actual size. I suppose that this design is intended for easy access but I'm not convinced of its merit. I also wish that it is a bit larger (depth wide). Overall I'm impressed with its quality and design.
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less.Shop O.com®