Not big, not bulky, but just the right size for simple travel. Compartments for both shirts and pants. Good price. It does have a chemical smell to it. but dicipates over time. I just took a hose and wash it out and dried it in the air.
the overall length is true enough, I suppose, but I thought the dimension would have been tho main compartment, not that plus the side pockets. comfortable strap, easy pull zippers
- How accurate was the sizing? see comments
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? all ok
Excellent carry-on for recreational travel. Tons of pockets, and the separate bottom is great for shoes, dirty items, etc. Very solid fabric with high quality zippers.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made, quality zippers
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? yes
I ordered this bag in blue but it came in orange so I sent it back. Overstock.com's return process was very nice. The day I received the replacement, I went to attach the included shoulder strap, and the finger that opens up to let the strap hook onto the bag broke right off! It turns out that the manufacturer decided to go the cheap route and not use a spring loaded clip on the shoulder strap hooks, but rather just depend on the flexibility of the plastic, which turned out not to be so flexible! Furthermore, the actual carry straps on the bag itself are to short. They make the bag feel uncomfortable to hold, and you can't use these as a last resort just to quickly throw your arm through them and put the bag on your shoulder. Finally, I wish the buttom compartment of the bag had been designed to be completely separate and would zip right off. The bag would be decent if it weren't for these fatal flaws.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bag itself seemed to be decent quality.
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No
I purchased this CalPak 22-inch Proxy Multi-pocket Carry On Duffel Bag in blue and I was pleasantly surprised. First, it was just as advertised: the size, the weight (4 lbs), the quality of the material, and the self-repairing big zippers. Secondly, the shoe pocket on the side came in handy. Thirdly, the bottom compartment was helpful in allowing me to separate clean and dirty clothes while on the trip. Overall, it is a well-built duffel and all the dimensions were accurate. I was under the 22 lb weight limit the airline imposed on carry-on bags and nobody made a fuss about it's size. I went on an 8-day international trip with it. I also used a backpack for my laptop and other personal stuff. I pack light anyway, but it's the right size for maybe a weekend trip. The one thing I didn't like is the carrying strap. I could've been made a bit better by making the cushioned part mobile along the strap. I am satisfied with this bag and I'll recommend it to anyone looking for a regulation size carry-on that is of good quality and good price.
- How accurate was the sizing? Yes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was good!
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? No defects whatsoever.
This product has great design features and is really well made, however the chemical odor makes it unusable. Even after nearly 3 weeks, the odor is still strong, and I've elected to return it.
- How accurate was the sizing? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality and features were awesome
- Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Everything was perfectly made, however material had a strong chemical odor