Functional and sophisticated, this rich leather executive briefcase lets you carry your work supplies in style. The sturdy bag is constructed with a doctor bag-style opening for easy access and features a zippered center pocket for document storage....more
This elegant and distinguished men's executive briefcase is made with high-quality top-grain cowhide leather. This handsome case is durable and showcases a contemporary style with coppertone hardware and a dial lock.
Color options: Black, brown
Top grain cowhide leather construction
Easy access doctor-bag style opening
Two divided sections in the roomy main compartment
Zippered center section for your confidential documents
Interior four card slots, three pen loops, cell phone/iPhone pocket, PDA/calculator case pocket
Top satchel closure with a dial lock
Comfortable leather dual carrying handles
Rear magnetic snap pocket
Dimensions: 17 inches long x 6 inches wide x 13 inches high
I bought this brief case in brown as a Christmas present for my attorney boyfriend. It holds legal-sized papers and file folders. He absolutely loves it - stands up on its own even when fully stuffed. And, it has a great compartment to hold his laptop (although there is no padded sleeve included). Also great internal compartments for pens, thumb drives, business cards, etc. And the brown doesn't look "brand new." It has a very nice finish that looks like a much more expensive bag that has been cherished for years. I can't say enough great things about this bag. Two other friends have purchased after seeing his.
My husband is an attorney and I purchased this for him to carry files back and forth to court. It arrived in record time and in perfect condition. There is plenty of room in the briefcase for a good amount of folders and also has a pocket for a Blackberry and other items. It is very sharp looking and appears to be every bit the quality of the other briefcases I looked at locally that were twice the cost. I can't imagine anyone not being satisfied with this purchase.
It's a very nice, classic-looking leather briefcase. One minor drawback for me is that you can't open and close it very quickly - you've got to unsnap the closure on the handle and then pull up the flap that keeps the case closed. Not the quickest operation when I just want to throw my keys or phone in there. It also doesn't come with a shoulder strap, but that's OK with me. All in all, I'm happy with it.
Did the product fit true to size? N/A
How is the quality of the product? Excellent
Was the product free of any manufacturer defects? Yes
I purchased this briefcase in black a few weeks ago.
Here are a few notes regarding my experience with the case:
1. The only construction issue I have is that the stitching on the leather pull tab located on top of the panel with the combination lock has come undone. The tab is still there but 1/2 of the stitching is lose. You cannot see it in the photos as it is covered by the flap. It is an easy fix, but should not have come undone after less than a month of daily use at the office and courthouse(s).
2. Combination lock on the black case (which I purchased) looks different from the Overstock photos. Not a deal breaker. The lock seems pointless as it would only take 10 tries for someone to unlock the case.
3. Lightweight - I had a McKlein Harrison briefcase, it was heavy compared to this case.
4. Interior - adequate pockets for your phone, slots for cards, 2 pens and another pocket for other items. The central divider has a zipper enclosure. There is no padding so a laptop would need to be put in a sleeve before being placed inside. The lining is basic nylon and not as "soft" as the lining found in other bags. Again, not a deal breaker for me.
5. Leather quality - the leather smelled great. The label says the leather is tanned in the US then shipped to China for assembly. The leather is not shiny, as one commenter wrote, it does appear to be worn and not brand new (not a deal breaker for me). If you want polished leather bags - look at a McKlein ($$) or Bosco ($$$).
6. Construction quality - besides what I mentioned in number 1, there are no other issues I have with the case. The stitching is even, no weird smells or stains, and the clasps and handles work as they should.
7. Bag stays open - unlike the McKlein Harrison - the hinges on the bag do stay open. This makes it easy to access the bag without having to continue opening and closing it.
8. Shipping and packaging - shipping was quick and the item is sent from California. The bag comes in a cloth bag inside a plastic bag.
Overall - I am satisfied with the price, less than $$$ and the professional appearance.
Hi, will there be more brown briefcases coming soon? Looks like they're out of stock right now.oscarvaldes23 on May 20, 2014Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hello oscarvaldes23, items are restocked as they become available; however we cannot guarantee an item will be restocked. Thank you for shopping with us.overstockcustomercare1 on May 23, 2014
Is the leather soft & supple, & can it be embossed w 3 initials?thevdc on May 7, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Thank you for your question thevdc. The leather is not too hard (medium). Have a great day. overstockcustomercare1 on May 11, 2013
Do the handles have a plastic coating on the seam edges? In a short time plastic coatings on the handles will crack and flake.lindylou417 on Apr 30, 2013Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
Hi lindylou417, this briefcase is made of 100% top grain leather no plastic. Thanks for your interest, hope this helps! overstockcustomercare1 on May 6, 2013
Shop Overstock.com and find the best online deals on everything for your home and your family. We work every day to bring you discounts on new products across our entire store. Whether you're looking for memorable gifts or everyday essentials, you can buy them here for less. O.com Price™