Excellent watch for the price, but you may need to bring to a jeweler to have it resized. My jeweler warned me beforehand that he may end up breaking the watch while attempting to tap out the pins, so I was prepared to eat the cost of the watch, but he was able to tap them in and out with ease and now the watch is perfect for my wrist.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image online is accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? I'm not sure about the sizing- my jeweler was able to take two links out to fit my wrist, but I have smaller wrists. It is risky business taking out the links because the pins for each link are beveled at one end and made to stay in once the watch was first constructed, but the jeweler was able to tap them out and in with little problem- watch fits great now :)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price
Lightweight, warm and unique, I get a ton of compliments from all ages. My 17 year-old neice wants one.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just the same
- How accurate was the sizing? Took it to a mall jewler and had a link taken out in 10 minutes - just like a metal watch.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the listed original price
nice watch, bigger than expected and described. I have a small wrist and it is too big. The face is too big as well as the strap. Too bad, because I really like it. Will return it.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? not well
- How accurate was the sizing? not good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
My observations: 1) EXTREMELY light weight. As in, "how is it possible to have a watch be this feather-light???" 2) Unusually long strap. This is of course a wonderful plus if you have a larger wrist; if you are smaller than size 14, I would advise against this watch. There is only 1 removable link, and even with that taken out, the watch is a tad loose (I'm size 14/16). If you needed it smaller, you'd have to get a jeweler to remove links, and I doubt it's worth it. For PLUS SIZE women, though, this is a fabulous watch--I think you could wear this watch at nearly any plus size comfortably. 3) The metal closure on the watch is very lightweight--it feels flimsy, yet it's been fine for the month I've owned it, so maybe it's not flimsy, just very light weight. Too early to tell.
I have wanted a wooden watch for almost three years. I have been unable to afford one. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this one at Overstock but I'm certainly glad I did. The watch is exactly what I was looking for with a great price tag. Specifics: it is very lightweight and comfortable. I have large wrists for a woman and it is loose on me. If you have exceptionally small wrists it might not work. You can take one link out but that won't decrease the length very much. I have left all the links in all, it is loose but I like the movement on my wrist. With one link out it is a snug fit, it still would fit but it wouldn't move. I can imagine that this will be great in the summer because it is so light; not heavy, not binding. There is also nothing to catch the tiny hairs in or that will pinch skin. I find I do have to turn the face to the catch the light to read it best but that may just be me, and since I love looking at this watch I certainly don't mind! The face is the right size for a woman's watch, not large or "clunky" I discovered Vernier makes watches to be sold under different labels. Mine was made for Coldwater Creek where it sold for considerably more than I paid. The words "Coldwater Creek" are carved into the wood on the back of the face. This doesn't bother me, no one sees it and even if they did, I happen to like Coldwater Creek clothes so there's no problem. Your watch though might say something else entirely. I don't know. Mine came in a nice case with a limited five year warranty from Vernier which is based, apparently, in NYC. I only would change two things. Nowhere, not Overstock or anywhere else I found the watch, could I find a reference to what type of wood it is made from. It may be trivial to some but I'd like to know. Also, the wood does not appear to be sealed in any way. That is fine, I wouldn't want it to be sticky or to have too much gloss but it would be nice if the wood had been oiled to give it a slight sheen. That being said this is a beautiful, stylish timepiece. I'm loving it and don't want to take it off. EVER!
Design was great but watch was so very small. I like the wood concept but watch could have been heavier.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? not well. Product is very small and light weight
- How accurate was the sizing? poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair