The watch is beautiful, apparently of quality construction with packaging elegant enough for gifting. However, I was disappointed to find that the scale of the watchface was actually very small; not as tiny as classic ladies' watches from the 50s and 60s, but certainly not what we are accustomed to today. The rosetone of the case and buckle was an almost perfect match for my genuine rose gold pieces, and I am very disappointed to have to return the watch. I may try a Stuhrling man's version to see if the scale is more to my liking...
I wanted a watch with a dark brown band and I prefer a rectangle/square face. I typically don't wear gold but I took a chance on the watch. The picture acurately reflects the look of the watch and I love the face - the gold has a rosy hue that I like better than a yellow gold. Band is stiff but it is softening up. Packaging was very elaborate and would make an impressive presentation if purchased as a gift. I don't like the date on the watch face - difficult to update - but it's so small I can hardly tell it's there. I have a small wrist and the fit for me was good - may be too big for others with small wrists. All in all, I like the watch more and more each time I wear it. And I can tell the time without my glasses! Nice price as well.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Color of the gold was slightly different than pictured but I like it very much.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was great. What I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well constructed - nice weight and feel to the watch. Quality of the band was not as good as the watch itself.
I received this lovely watch as an anniversary gift. My preference was for a well-made, elegant, gold watch with a simple white dial, and a leather band; also it was important to have a petite size that didn't overwhelm my small wrists. This watch satisfied on all counts and looks very high end while being very understated. the dial has great embossed detailing that evokes art deco while still being modern. The back side of the case also has great detail about the watchmaker, it does mean there is no space for engraving but I can live with that. I looked all over for multiple angles pictures of this watch but was not able to find any. There are two very similar watches from Sturhling--the Lady Gatsby Classic and the Lady Gatsby. The one pictured here is the Classic and has a regular buckle, second hand as well as a simple date. The Lady Gatsby has a deployment buckle and a second dial set at the 6 o'clock. I would have liked the Classic to have the deployment buckle which would cut down on the creasing of the leather after years of use (which eventually requires replacing the band). But I chose it over the Lady Gatsby because I didn't like the additional second dial.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Lacks pic of watch with size ruler and side/back side pics
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality, well made item
My mom was very happy with this watch. It seems to be high quality and looks great, especially on her small wrist. One small detail that she doesn't like- she says the leather band is a bit too stiff. Overall I am pleased with this purchase, the price and the quality.
I have had this watch for a year now and like it as much now as when I purchased it. One thing, the leather band isn't holding up well, the brown has rubbed off near the buckle. This is a minor flaw that shouldn't keep anyone from purchasing this handsome watch. It keeps time perfectly.
I have a very small wrist, and the watch is a great size. My only complaint is that the date is so small that it is impossible for me to read. That was an important feature for my choice of the watch. Otherwise, I like the watch very much, and it functions well.
Except for the size of the face of this beautiful watch, I have nothing negative to say. Being a senior citizen, I wish the numbers on the face and date were larger. The band is a little stiff, but I'm sure after some wear, that will loosen up. Very elegant for the price.
This a very handsome watch, however, as previously stated, its size is decidedly "macho" to a ladies wrist. Still, I recommend for the price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly accurate.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate; though for a "ladies watch" Stuhrling should consider punching an extra hole in the watch strap.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
I purchased this last year as a graduation present for my daughter. She loves it. It still runs very well. Very elegant, expensive looking watch. A classic for sure. Will purchase this watch for myself also. Love it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
I had been looking for a classic retangular watch for a while. I decided on this one. It appears to be well crafted. I do believe the retail price is embellished however. hopefully, i will get adequate wear and tear from it. But then again only time will tell.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the image was fairly accurate.
- How accurate was the sizing? this is a standard size rectangular watch.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality of the watch seems good.
Nothing much to say; classic watch, good quality, looks elegant yet simple.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? True to the image on site.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
For the price, this is a very expensive looking watch. I have a small wrist and it actually fits.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It appears to be good quality