Let me start out by saying that this is the 2nd watch and 3rd repair ( all repairs have been through overstock). 1st the watch was advertised as a *** watch so i thought this was going to be a great present for my wife , especially at *** . Overstock sold me on the platinum service plan ( 4 years ***) doesn't sound bad right , yea right ! The watch was shipped with a broken second hand, and overstock told me that i would have to go to Stuhrling for the 1st year , they gave me the run around , and overstock finally gave me a new watch, well thats not the end of it . Less than 2 months later the second hand broke off and the self winding mechanism stopped working ,so i sent it back to overstock and got another watch ( that makes 2) . Now # 3 on the dial has fallen off. This is all in a year, it was purchased 11/06/12. I spoke to overstock 1 week ago and they sad that they would call me back within 2 days, it's been a week !!!All i wanted was a refund on the original purchase price ,not including the warranty, ( store credit ) but at this point i don't know what can make this right . As a consumer i am outraged with Stuhrling's quality and customer service ,and am starting to get annoyed with Overstock . They sold me the warranty ,and it's not like this hasn't been a ongoing problem . I just hope to receive a call from Overstock in the next day or two to fix the problem . COME ON NOW 3 WATCHES A YEAR . IF I COULD RATE STUHRLING ON A LESS THAN 5 STAR RATING, IT WOULD BE ABOUT A -5. ( HOPE TO HEAR FROM OVERSTOCK IN THE NEAR FUTURE TO FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!) ***
I love wearing this watch--it looks so elegant and striking. It doesn't have all the convenience of a battery-operated watch, but if I wear it every day I don't need to wind it. If I don't wear it for a couple of days, all I do is wind it and set it and it's good to go again. The hands can sometimes not be the easiest to see against the mechanism, but shifting a little to get the light on it solves that. All in all it's my favorite watch ever!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks better in reality than the photo--a little darker and richer---beautiful!
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
I loved everything about this watch...except the size. I have a very small wrist (5.5 inches) and the watch face was almost bigger than my wrist. I fell in love with this watch the minute I opened it and wanted to keep it - even though it looked very large on me. I asked several people what they thought and all said it was just too plain big for my wrist. Dang it! If your wrist is 6.5 or 7 inches this is the perfect automatic watch! I know large sized watches are in, but this looked like I was a kid playing dress-up with Daddy's watch. It is obvious that Stuhrling makes a quality product.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Better in person, but pictures did help in my decision to purchase.
- How accurate was the sizing? Unfortunately, I have a 5.5 inch wrist and the actual watch was almost bigger than my wrist. I was incredibly upset that I had to return product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. When you hold the watch...you know you are holding a quality product.