I have had this watch a few months now. It was been in the repair shop 3 times. Overstocked won't replace it. The making is out of the country so returning it there would most likely mean I won't get it back. Guest I'm stuck with a watch that's right just twice a day.
I bought one of these in the 14k yellow gold and something was lose inside . I recieved a replacment that one didnt keep correct time and stop working every 20 mins you can feel it trying to unbind inside . I know how to use automatic watches and I did everthing correctly . this watch looks great but you cant depend on it past the looks . Size is really 12mm thick 44mm round and 48mm with lugs. I think this watch is junk it wouldnt ever buy a stuhrling again
The watch is itself is a beauty. I can't stop looking at it, and the detail is amazing. Is very nice to look at , as long as you have it on at all times it will stay in time ( I only take it off to shower because of the steam and I don't want to put hot water on the leather but I wash the dishes with it and it is water resistant), plus the price is well worth it. I guess the only "Con" would be that it can get scratched easily if you hit it against a wall or something like that by accident I think the pros outweighs the cons, I would buy it again no doubt, also it is true that the picture doesn't do it justice, this thing is gorgeous and very elegant.
This is a superb looking skeletal, one of the best I have seen. It looks a lot more expensive than the pricepoint. The only thing I might change would be to use blue steel hands for easier readability but the open dauphine ones used are nice. I think most of the present line of Stuhrling are destined to be considered 21st century classics. Especially this one!
I got this watch a few weeks ago, and it is great. I haven't had a problem with keeping the time set, like other people have complained. You just need to keep in mind that it runs off of perpetual motion - as long as you wear it, your natural body movements will keep it powered. In other words, there is no battery you will have to replace! I have gotten several compliments on it, just while walking down the street. It is an amazing watch, and no picture could capture how great it looks in person.
This is a very beautiful watch, the problem is that its only right 2 times a day. It stopped working after 35 days and you have to pay the Stuhrling that makes it to fix the watch even under warranty. Seriously.. one of the worst purchases I have ever made. Do yourself a favour and research the quality issues on their watches, specifically on this one. I promise you I have saved you from wasting your money on their products. Also Stuhrling includes a warranty extension if you post a review as soon as you get it. The problem with that is.. you would have posted your review before you have had a chance to really use the watch... Listen, save your money and buy a better watch.. I can stress this enough.. Let my loss of $$$ be your gain.. from listening to me..
Generally I purchased this because of a previous Sturling which had gone belly up after 4 years. So far it's keeping time well and it looks good but I know it will go belly up soon. The winding mechanism is NOT smooth and sometimes doesn't work at I prefer to wind it a bit when it has been left unused. Iknow it will wind itself but I have always given these type of watches a couple winds to get them started again. When I do, there is a clear rough bump in each turn of the knob. And sometimes the knob ust rotates freely not engaging the spring at all. As I say, it's working now but I have doubts that it will continue for long.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- How accurate was the sizing? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. there is something wrong with the watch....... the button often turns freely without winding AND when it IS wound there is a clear "bump" in the working
Out of the box this watch is very eye catching. Being able to see the moving parts inside adds interest and intrigue. The leather band appears to be well made. Overall, this was a terrific purchase and the recipient was very pleased.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Online picture looks good, actual product looks far better.
- How accurate was the sizing? Band nicely fits an average-sized man's wrist
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Purchased the watch for a Christmas present. Out of the box, watch was easy to set and appears to run smoothly. Watch is very attractive, band is nicely stitched. As for reliability, time will tell...
One of the best time pieces that I have ever owned. I always get comments on how gorgeous the watch is.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The watch is much better looking in person.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect size
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. First class.
I have been looking at Skeleton watches for years. This one was a stand out and it took me only five minuted to decide to buy.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? right on!
- How accurate was the sizing? Nice leather band
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks solid and well finished
I really enjoy this watch, especialy when I have to dress up for nice occasions as this watch gives the right amount of touch of elegance. I would recommend this watch to anyone as the see through mechanics is an eye catcher.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very Well
- How accurate was the sizing? Correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good and appearances are great.
This watch is stunning! My partner, and all his friends, loved it, and it looks so much more beautiful/expensive in real life. The packaging was lovely as well.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Better than the picture!
I was surprised how beautiful this watch is. It comes in a very attractive presentation box, so it can be the perfect gift for a somewhat ostentatious person. Because the hands are the same rose gold color of the workings of the watch, it's difficult to read the time, but the beauty almost overpowers that flaw. People comment on its unique and rich look...lots of compliments. It would have been perfect, but for the hard to read hands. Maybe someone in the company will read this and make the hands another color in the future.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very well
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made and looks food too.
I bought this watch for a very dear friend of mine. He liked it because he likes to tinker around on electronics and engines. He likes to see how things tick in other words. That watch is perfect for him. We are not together now but I know when he looks at that watch he will remember me. (smile)
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes it did.
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes it did
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent quality.
I bought this watch as a gift for an individual who collects watches. What prompted me to buy it was its intricate detail, the quality described, and really the beauty of the piece. Everything that I had read in the reviews was true. There is a stunning beauty in the intricatcy of the watch as you can see the gears that make up the watch to the second-hand's seemless motion. What I was NOT anticipating was the back of the watch also allows you to look at the cogs and wheels of the watch, and you can even see how the kinestic parts of the watch work. The watch is of a good size for a man's watch, and has some weight to it. The new watch owner is complimented often about his watch, and has nary a complaint. I would highly recommend this watch.