Purchased this watch as it looked easy to use and to read the time. Dial is actually an eggshell color, and seems to glow a bit at night. As a self winding watch, it is not as accurate as a quartz, and it loses about two minutes a week, so must be reset for absolute accuracy. I like the size, band, and ease of use.
I bought this for my fiance, and he loves it (and I do too)! It is an excellent value--the craftsmanship on this watch is excellent, and worth far more than the very fair price paid! The one thing I would note is that the entire face of the watch is luminous--I didn't notice that in the description when I ordered it, but it turned out that he liked it that way, so that was fine by me!
First off, the size. This is a LOT bigger than the picture implies. These watches make a Breitling look tiny by comparison. It's like having a pie plate strapped to your wrist. If you're a big guy, this is the perfect watch for you. In terms of aesthetics, it's a good looking watch with classic styling. The porthole sized crystal however, is a little more delicate than you might think. I don't know how, but mine ended up shattered a few months after purchase. And because of the size, the crystal is only available from the manufacturer, which means paying extra cash.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Larger than expected
- How accurate was the sizing? Not at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality, but handle with care
This is my first order with Overstock.com, and that was a good experience. The watch was delivered very quickly in a nice packing. The watch is feels relatively light comparing to my other watch of similar size, but overall the build quality is good. While the face plate glowing in the dark is cool, it makes the watch looks greenish under normal light. that's the only disappointment i have.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? the tone of the face plate is too greenish (due to its luminus properties) to my liking, other than that, this is a great watch
- How accurate was the sizing? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, like especially the leather strap
The sec pointer came apart the first week of use, I rather to buy any other brand with another provider.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It looks similar
- How accurate was the sizing? Normal
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very bad I'm very upset about the quality
Great watch, I really like it! The only problem is that I've had it for only a month now and it keeps stopping. I keep it wound up, but it doesn't run for more than a day (kind of annoying). I plan to send it in as it is still under warranty. Otherwise I couldn't be happier! Very sharp watch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly like the image
- How accurate was the sizing? Watch was a bit bigger than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality product
If you like a large watch, but not extreme, this is a good choice. I like the relatively traditional style but in a slightly larger than traditional size. Quality and fit are great, very happy so far.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- How accurate was the sizing? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
The watch was delivered as per the mentioned delivery times. The watch works/looks great, so far keeping time to the tick. Adjusting the date took a few turns to get it right, mainly i assume, was not knowing whether the watch was in AM or PM when i got my hands on it. The bands a bit stiff out of the box but i'd assume that will loosen up. All in all - a nice time piece...
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image & the product delivered were a match.
- How accurate was the sizing? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. product quality is top notch
This has become a favoite watch. I wear different watches for different uses. For instance my work watch is digital and rugged. This watch, on the other hand, is well crafted and easy to read, so I like it for dressing up and leisure activities.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Matched well
- How accurate was the sizing? Fit well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
The watch was actually for my wife that wanted a larger crystal or size that was easily accessable. The main reason was also that she preferred the automatic versus a conventional. The watch is wonderful in it's black on black, with creme backing for the dial. Sharp although basic to a degree. Great price on a wonderful timepiece.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Actually slightly larger than picture.
- How accurate was the sizing? Manageable, variable.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made and durable.
This is a well crafted, simple, but sophicated watch.
- Did the image onsite match the product? The picture online is exactly what the watch looks like.
- Did the product fit true to size? The band was sized perfectly.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality looks really well made.
Bought the Men's Tuskegee Automatic for myself after purchasing another Sturhling watch for a friend, the Men's Sea Hawk Sports Automatic. Both watches are lovely, and come in an excellent presentation box. For the price, for an automatic watch, we are very pleased. The Tuskegee is a beautiful dark black coffee color, with an ivory cream face and matching stitching on the band. Much prettier in person than in the pictures. It keeps excellent time, too.