I purchased this watch for my son for Christmas, hoping that the negative reviews were incidental. The face of the watch is very striking, as pictured. My son and I were both disappointed in the strap, which, although it is stamped as "genuine leather," has a very plastic-y look to it. But the face is beautiful enough that my son decided to keep it as his dress watch. He attends the US Air Force Academy and wore the watch only occasionally, with his dress uniform. It broke in approximately 45 days. It didn't just stop working; you can actually hear the innards rattling around. He brought it home for me to deal with when he came home for spring break. Since this was unfortunately just outside the 90-day return window, Overstock.com suggested that I contact the manufacturer to try to get a refund. I could not be more disappointed with Stuhrling's complete lack of "customer service." No one answers the phone - you have to leave a message - and it took several days for a callback. When they did call back, they completely refused to stand behind their product, which has a substantial retail price. I was told that since it was (barely) outside the 90 day refund window, that my only option was to PAY to ship it to them and PAY to have it repaired. I told them I had no interest in having it repaired since it broke so soon with such minimal use. They refused to do anything, telling me that I could contact the seller to try to get a refund from them. So I contacted Overstock again, and I could not be happier with Overstock's customer service. They listened to my explanation and promptly issued me an RMA for a full refund. I will definitely gladly recommend Overstock to everyone I know, and will never purchase another Stuhrling product.
I have wanted a skeleton watch for quite a while and when I got this watch for my birthday I was very happy. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I wear it just about every day (my other 8 watches are getting jealous!) so winding it is really not an issue. For those of us who remember the days before watch batteries, it is the price you pay to be cool!
Product as described. My son loved this watch, the internal mechanism is clearly visible. Well priced.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? as described
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
Expensive, purported high quality watch. Stopped working after less than 10 wearings. No longer winds.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Nice
- How accurate was the sizing? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Broke with less than 10 uses
We are giving this watch to the Best Man at our wedding this coming weekend. The watch is very expensive looking and the packaging only adds to that feeling. You really need to see the actual watch to see how subtle the gray face is and how the watch movements are a shadow through it. It really is a very nicely designed and packaged watch, looking like it cost much much more than it did. We both felt it was a very good value for the price.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Watch actually nicer than image
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good
Nice looking watch. Gains about 2 minutes per week which probably isn't bad. I wear it mostly for dress special occasions and it's a good conversation piece.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? looked better in person due to intricacy
- How accurate was the sizing? my wrist is small, so I needed to make a new hole. It's actually more comfortable to reverse the wristbands and wear the watch "upside down" (watch still faces the right way, but the buckle /clasp arrangement is reversed. Otherwise the watch tends to face away from me due to the overlapping bands curving it away.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems good
I purchased this as a gift for my boyfriend, an avid mechanical watch collector. Of the several Stührling timepieces he has, this is his favorite. Accurate time and more stunning when viewed in person.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The item matched exactly
The design on this watch is breathtaking. The dual time zone and am/pm feature is very clear, but does not stand out and blends well into the dial. Runs perfect time too! and did I mention how comfortable it is? This is one of my classiest watches.