This classic original Stuhrling watch is just as interesting to look at as it is a useful tool to keep you on time. Made with stainless steel and a crocodile embossed leather strap, this watch is a great fashion match for most of your clothing options....more
This is definitely a beautiful timepiece. It so looks great added to my collection of watches. The leather band is soft and the box it comes in is stunning, it looks like a $500 dollar timepiece all day long. For the price, what a deal!
This is a fantastic watch that is a great deal at this price (and would be at twice the price). It's simple, with no complications, but that simplicity has a nice benefit in that you don't really need to buy a winder since it's so easy to set the solitary function if the power reserve runs out. Most of the complaints I read about the Othello before purchasing it made reference to how it didn't keep time very well, losing or gaining up to 15 minutes in a day. I've seen nothing like this happen with mine - even wearing it three consecutive days shows the time to be consistent to the minute all the while. The band is top-notch, and the skeleton face looks incredible. If there is anything negative to say about it, the case is a little bit on the big side (but some people like that, and I have small wrists), and the blue hands are a little inconsistent with the general look of the face, but I'd still strongly recommend this piece to anyone who is considering buying it.
The colors of the Othello hardly clash with anything you wear, so you really dont have to worry about coordinating, and if you didnt worry about to begin with, all this means is that now you wont look like an idiot to other people when you dont match b/c this thing looks great at all times.
The larger size of the actual watch is a nice look, and I was expecting to adapt to a gigantic watch and learn to love it, but this thing really isnt so big. I have small to average sized wrists at 6 1/2 inches--a measurement accruately made with an elastic tape measure. If you add 1/2 inch of leeway to that, I'm still only at 7 inches, maybe slightly more, yet this watch still fits and does not look ridiculous. I tighten the watch on the second to last hole and it in no way surpasses the width of my wrist. The circumference leaves about 1/4th of an inch each side.
Though, I do not in particular love the elastic band, it is nothing that aesthetically destroys the look of this baby.
Also, my purchase was made at an amazingly cheap price! What a sweet deal indeed. Great work stuhrling.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
How accurate was the sizing? Exact--I did not think it was bigger in person, the pic was accurate
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Its nice, although the band could be of higher quality, in my opinion, however amazing time piece regardless.
I buy watches on a regular bases and usually give watches as gifts. I decided to buy 3 different style automatic Stuhrling watches to give as gifts and was surprised when all 3 had something that broke on them. The ladies one had the hands come off, one of the Men's watches had the clasp break and the last one is OK. 2 out of 3 watches breaking in less than 4 months makes me believe these watches are of poor quality.
I absolutely love this watch. i am a woman but i prefer men's watched. It is a little big on me ( i am a small) however it still looks wonderful. its nice to see parts of the watch move. what i love the most is that it can go with any outfit. it looks professional, casual, business, chick all at the same time. price is great.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Better in real life
How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
This review is for the Stührling Original Men's Othello Classic Automatic, also know as the Classic Delphi Oracle (107BG.33152)
I've owned this watch for about a month, and I think it's a good value for an inexpensive watch. Don't expect fit and finish quality of a watch that costs hundreds or thousands.. You get what you pay for.
* The fit and finish of the watch are nice for this price Range
* The blue and white hands and large numbers make for excellent readability
* The skeleton movement is fascinating
* Not too loud, not too quiet. I can hear it ticking on my wrist in a quiet room, but cannot hear it on the dresser across a quiet room at night.
* I love the retro-script font of the dial numbers
* The embossed finish of the watch face is elegant and decorative
* Accurate enough. Mine runs fast by less than 15 seconds per day when I am wearing it, which is expected.
* Nice packaging
* It's big, but not too big. I measured mine with a caliper: 44.2mm diameter, 13.4mm thick. On my 7" circumference wrist, a 44mm dial is about the limit for me. At 13.4mm thick, it just fits under the cuff of a dress shirt. Also, at 7" circumference, I use the second-to-last hole in the watchband to fit the watch snugly on my wrist.
* The watch "crystal" is mineral glass (aka Krysterna?). Not very scratch resistant for the long term.
* the watch band is very stiff. I'm expecting it will soften up with time.
* The reported long-term reliability of this movement is variable. Some have had good experience, others have not. Sturhling calls this movement the ST-90050 Manual/Self-Winding Automatic Movement, which is likely the same as the G3202Z made by the PTS-Liaocheng company in China. Stührling offers a 2-year warranty, but charges twenty bucks for any returned watch. Given this, I purchased an aftermarket extended warranty for twelve bucks that covers everything.
Overall, I really like this watch and recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive mechanical skeleton watch or gift. But your expectations need to be in line with reality. I picked this up for less than seventy bones. That makes this a fantastic value. It's an interesting casual watch, conversation piece, and work of art. It looks more expensive than it is.
How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Image is very accurate
How accurate was the sizing? Sizing is accurate
Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality for the price, but not in line with more expensive watches.
No, Automatic movement winds with the movement of your arm. It is recommended that you wind the watch every two weeks. overstockcustomercare1 on Sep 20, 2012
Where is the power reserve on this watch and how do you know when the power is getting low?reminiscek on Jul 6, 2012Please enter a valid question.Answer This Question
When winding the watch you can tell if there is power by how tight the crown is. However this specific watch doesnât have the power reserve indicator feature. It will last for about 34 hours without winding as written onsite.overstockcustomercare1 on Jul 11, 2012