I buy watches on a regular bases and usually give watches as gifts. I decided to buy 3 different style automatic Stuhrling watches to give as gifts and was surprised when all 3 had something that broke on them. The ladies one had the hands come off, one of the Men's watches had the clasp break and the last one is OK. 2 out of 3 watches breaking in less than 4 months makes me believe these watches are of poor quality.
- Did the image onsite match the product? Yes
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Poor
This is a fantastic watch that is a great deal at this price (and would be at twice the price). It's simple, with no complications, but that simplicity has a nice benefit in that you don't really need to buy a winder since it's so easy to set the solitary function if the power reserve runs out. Most of the complaints I read about the Othello before purchasing it made reference to how it didn't keep time very well, losing or gaining up to 15 minutes in a day. I've seen nothing like this happen with mine - even wearing it three consecutive days shows the time to be consistent to the minute all the while. The band is top-notch, and the skeleton face looks incredible. If there is anything negative to say about it, the case is a little bit on the big side (but some people like that, and I have small wrists), and the blue hands are a little inconsistent with the general look of the face, but I'd still strongly recommend this piece to anyone who is considering buying it.
This is definitely a beautiful timepiece. It so looks great added to my collection of watches. The leather band is soft and the box it comes in is stunning, it looks like a $500 dollar timepiece all day long. For the price, what a deal!
The colors of the Othello hardly clash with anything you wear, so you really dont have to worry about coordinating, and if you didnt worry about to begin with, all this means is that now you wont look like an idiot to other people when you dont match b/c this thing looks great at all times. The larger size of the actual watch is a nice look, and I was expecting to adapt to a gigantic watch and learn to love it, but this thing really isnt so big. I have small to average sized wrists at 6 1/2 inches--a measurement accruately made with an elastic tape measure. If you add 1/2 inch of leeway to that, I'm still only at 7 inches, maybe slightly more, yet this watch still fits and does not look ridiculous. I tighten the watch on the second to last hole and it in no way surpasses the width of my wrist. The circumference leaves about 1/4th of an inch each side. Though, I do not in particular love the elastic band, it is nothing that aesthetically destroys the look of this baby. Also, my purchase was made at an amazingly cheap price! What a sweet deal indeed. Great work stuhrling.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the sizing? Exact--I did not think it was bigger in person, the pic was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Its nice, although the band could be of higher quality, in my opinion, however amazing time piece regardless.
I purchased this watch for my husband for Christmas. We were both very pleased with the appearance of the watch. It is a beautiful piece. However, he has only been wearing it for less than 24 hours and after the first 12 hours it gained 15 minutes in time. After resetting it, it has lost almost 10 minutes in one hour. One would surmise that if it were the battery it would not have gained time in the first 12 hours. We are returning the watch.
Bought this for Boyfriend and he loves it. Looks very expensive. The skeleton view of the dials is really cool and makes for a great conversation piece.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Better in person
- How accurate was the sizing? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabulous
I absolutely love this watch. i am a woman but i prefer men's watched. It is a little big on me ( i am a small) however it still looks wonderful. its nice to see parts of the watch move. what i love the most is that it can go with any outfit. it looks professional, casual, business, chick all at the same time. price is great.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Better in real life
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
I am a women who likes larger men's watches. This watch is very large. That being said, I LOVE the watch. It was great detail. The herringbone pattern on the face and the skeleton effect are very cool. I think that it is a very well made watch, with Swiss quality. It is very easy to read and it keeps great time. I wound it when i first got it and haven't wound it since and it seems to be very accurate. I do wear it everyday. Also, the gift box that it comes in is really nice. A super nice watch for the price as long as you like a large watch.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate but the watch looks letter in person
- How accurate was the sizing? It is a really large watch and also very thick
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I think that it is a very nice quality watch with great detailing.