Excellent looking timepiece. Love the brand. Unfortunetly this one is too large for my skinny-man wrist. The band is exceptionally long and the size of the watch case is really big compared to the Stuhrling Original 'Winchester' Skeleton. In person, the blue hands aren't as eye-catching as shown in the picture. To me, and when compared to the Winchester model, these blue-hands are very fine and difficult to see quickly. I cant ding-it with a negative review since it doesnt fit my size well, but it'll be a great gift item.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Looks great in person, but the hands are very thin.
- How accurate was the sizing? Good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent.
Do not buy this watch, It is terrible, I got 5 of these and one of them had a piece of foam inside the inner working of the watch that i had to have a watch repair shop take out. The watch itself is a very poorly made mechanical watch due to the fact that you have to wind it at least 4 times a day. It looks good that is why i gave it two stars but it is not a practical watch at all. if you are looking for a working watch do not get this, if you are looking for a cool looking bracelet then get this.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it does
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality
I was very disappointed in this product. The images on Overstock.com made it look beautiful. In reality, It IS beautiful, but as the title states, it's flawed. The face of the watch has the Stuhrling mark on it, and on this one it was off center. If you are getting this as a gift for someone, be sure to open it first and inspect for issues like this. Mechanically, it works as it should. But the face of the watch being misprinted like that is a huge miss. This watch gives the appearance that the visual aesthetic was a top priority. Apparently, that was not the case.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It didn't. The Stuhrling mark on the face of the watch was off center.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was fine.
it's okay. Not the best. The name on the front is not exactly centered, which is odd. Also it requires winding it every day. The shipping was very slow. It took about 2 weeks to get it to me. overall not impresed
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? No...It looks nicer in the pic.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it's okay. Not the best. The name on the front is not exactly centered, which is odd. Also it requires winding it every day.
I purchased this watch for father's day and my dad loves it! He wears it every day. He is more "old school" in his taste but I also wanted to get him something a little bit trendy and thought the skeleton style with the blue hands added a little bit of that without going overboard. The watch is great for large hands, as the face is pretty large so I wouldn't recommend this for a man with smaller wrists or hands.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The watch is even better looking in person
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
It is very beautiful, but not convenient. If you prefer a mechanical watch , it is a perfect choice.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is the same as the actual product.
- How accurate was the sizing? The size is perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is excellent.
Happy with the service I got from Overstock, dissapointed with my purchase. The manual does not explain much. I have to wind the watch a couple of times during the day.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Look different to the actual product. The image on the website is what attracted me o this watch.
- How accurate was the sizing? Fairly accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The strap is good quality, the rest of the watch looks cheap. I have other Sturhling watches this particular one is dissapointing
I was quite pleased with the piece immediately out of the box. It was packaged beautifully as well and would be perfect for a gift "as-is". This piece is perfect for business or formal weat. The leather band is high quality. The hour and minute hands are a little difficult to see though unless you hold the watch face at an angle. But it is still an attractive piece.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image is accurate.
- How accurate was the sizing? Exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A+ on quality.
I am very happy with this watch and with my experience with Overstock.com. The price was great, and the shipping was very fast. There is a lot to like about this watch. The quality is much better than I expected for the price; it looks and feels well made. It is also quite beautiful and the picture does not do it justice. The dial is wonderfully textured and is a silver color rather than the white it appears in the photo. The exposed movement and the delicate blue hands are awesome to look at. So far it seems to be fairly accurate for an inexpensive mechanical watch; it has been 10 to 15 seconds fast per day. I did have a few minor issues though. The blue hands, the exposed movement, and the silver dial all seem to reflect light the same way making it difficult to read without good lighting. I was also somewhat unhappy with the strap. It was rather stiff initially and the combination of the stiffness, the padding, and the texture of the leather made it difficult to fasten. The buckle just kept getting stuck in the grooves when I attempted to tighten it. I will likely just replace the strap. Overall I am very happy and would definitely buy another Stuhrling.
This is an excellent watch. I love the fact that you get to wind it and set the time everyday. It is a true testament to the history of the mechanical design and functionality of this time piece. The watch face is striking to say the least. This execution with the silver dial, blue hands, stainless steel case and black leather strap fit perfectly with overall style of this watch. An amazing deal.
I was a bit unsure about ordering this from Overstock, as I had never ordered any watch/jewelry from this site before. The watch arrived quickly and in mint condition. Neat packaging, very classy watch...I get a lot of compliments on it. The only thing is that when I purchased this watch I did not clearly understand that it is essentially a manual, not automatic watch. If I take the watch off at night, I have to set the time in the morning and wind it so that it runs during the day...not a very practical routine. Besides that, I have no complaints on the watch. It looks great!
I bought this watch for my husband and he loved it! It is a very nice skeleton watch and runs well. It looks more expensive that it is. The face is pretty big so if you want a watch with a small face this isn't it. Very happy with the purchase.
Really, pretty large watch. Apparently they are all the rage, so call me old fashion, but this one seems like a wrist clock. The other issue I have is that the hands are light blue and seem to blend into the background, making it very difficult to tell the time from late afternoon on. Lastly, it is fun to see the inner gears, but there isn't a lot of movement of those gears to watch. For this, I have to give it 3.5 stars.
I purchased this watch as a gift. It is a very well made watch,, elegant with a wind up movement , no batteries to buy. It is however a wide dial watch and looks better on a larger wrist. It is skeletonized with crystals front and back which makes it interesting to watch the gears works. It is a very nice watch at a very good price and the mechanical wind is very hard to find. Scott 822