The watch perserves the dying art form of watch making. You can see stright through the watch. The back is open as well. It comes in a beautiful box with some information of the company on front. The watch is wrapped around a leather pouch. It is a work of art.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Do not do it justice
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. You can see and feel the quality, it's pretty heavy.
I love automatic watches and skeletons, this watch is the perfect combination of both. This is my first Stuhrling, and so far no complaints. I look forward to adding more to my collection. I would definitely recommend them to friends.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The picture does not do the watch justice, it's really a great looking watch.
- How accurate was the sizing? The band actually came with extra links, which for me is ok. I like wearing it looser like a bracelet, I just need to take it to the jewelers to remove a few links.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great.
Awesome looking watch, it's really an eye catcher. But the quality of the construction is junk. I have had it for 6 months and condensation has already formed inside the watch and the movement suddenly stops. Supposed to be water resistant to 50 meters and I haven't been diving with it so it must be the quality of construction. Even before the condensation formed it would run about 2 minutes fast per day, I would have to adjust it daily to stay on time. One time I hadn't adjusted it in two days and yelled at my wife for being late when in fact she was right on time. This watch nearly cost me a divorce! A little online research reveals that these are common problems with this manufacturer. It's a cheap Chinese watch with a German name. Avoid at all cost! Spend a few extra bucks and get a Citizen or a Seiko and you will be much better off as I am having to replace it after only 6 months!
First, I bought the black King Lear Automatic, which seems to be unavailable today, but essentially a duplicate of this white dial watch, in black. I have some very nice watches, 27 collector-quality and miscellaneous casual watches, and when I first opened the box and saw the King Lear in all its brightness and heavy, heavy detailing and intricate design I was shocked! I expected an entry-level watch from Stuhrling, but the design, and execution of this automatic skeleton was incredible. The black watch has a graphite-detailed gauche-design dial, and it set off with vivid contrast compared with the sculpted, etched, whittled, multi-faceted internals of the watch. I can't over emphasize the detailing of this watch, it is mind boggling and full of old world skill and craftsmanship beyond belief. If you like skeletons, automatics with at least 20-30 jewels to keep the movement performing well over time, and true Swiss craftsmanship of the new world order, this should be in your collection. For a 1st Stuhrling, this sets the place for their kind of special, perfection-detailing and loads of etched, polished (highly) internals and details. From Tourboullion to automatics and chronographs, Stuhrling has the market covered 100% and by George you, too will be shocked and blown away by the company's Swiss style, perfection of the highest order possible. The King Lear is a winner, five stars+, have one and see for yourselves.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? I got the black one, and it did not compare favorably with the product itself, which is a work of art
- How accurate was the sizing? large, but expected and appreciated by those with large wrists
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Tremendous and extraordinary quality, a watch with art form written all over it
This watch is going to be gift i think my boyfriend will enjoy forever. its good qulity and pretty light weight.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? it's a little bigger than i though it was going to be. There should be a picture of the back too. its skeleton on the back as well for those who would like to know this.
- How accurate was the sizing? a little bigger than expected but pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I had to send the first one back because it wouldn't tick but i was very satisfied with it once i got the second one.
This watch was a gift for our son. The quality was nicer than I had expected. The watch is larger than it appears in the picture, but for a young man's wrist it looks fine. I would not hesitate to recommend this watch. The shipping time was good.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Fair
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality